Chapter 1: A Little Town

Long ago on a rainy night, an old man holding a rose arrived at the doorstep of a large castle. The old man asked a royal that answered the door to be taken in for the night to seek shelter from the rain, but he was refused.

"I'm sorry. I'd love to let you in, but my parents aren't home right now and I'm not supposed to let strangers in." Said the royal with short, slightly messy and dark blue hair, who then was about to close the door while the old man still stood outside.

"Looks can be deceiving. At least take this rose." Said the old man, stopping the door from closing, a loud creak being heard as the door came to a halt.

"What will a rose do, and didn't you hear me? I would let you in, but I can't. I'm only ten. Now leave before I get mad." Replied the royal.

Suddenly, someone came to the front door. It was a girl wearing a semi-short maid outfit with short black hair that was starting to reach to her shoulders, blue eyes, and wearing black stockings and brown dress shoes.

It was one of the maids, or at least one of the people who worked there.

"Didn't you hear our master? We understand that you want to stay here, but you can't stay here. Now please go away." Said the maid as she closed the door.

This was it for the old man. Having had enough, he straightened his posture, standing upright now as he pulled open the door and walked into the castle.

As his green cloak fell off him, he transformed into that of a handsome man with short blonde hair, but he was also wearing a long sleeved, light green shirt and white pants with yellow trimmings at the bottom.

Using simply his left hand, he managed to create a gust of wind as the castle door was forcefully flung open. He floated into the room as he looked down on the royal and all the servants.

"Following orders, are you? This will bring you out of that." Said the sorcerer.

His right hand generated an orange beam of light. With a flick of his hand, that beam covered each of the members in the room, casting an orange light upon them as it enveloped them, then faded away as quickly as it had fallen on them.

There was a boy with short brown hair. There was that maid who was mentioned earlier.

And then there was that royal with the short blue hair.

The sorcerer then generated that same orange beam of magic and threw his hand forward, causing the orange beam to be flown throughout the entire castle.

The boy with the brown hair began to hold his head with his hands as his ears shifted to the top of his head. Once there, his ears slowly started to shift form into fox ears, turning from a coral color to a mahogany before becoming fox ears altogether. His hair color changed into a mahogany as this happened. To finish him off, a mahogany fox tail sprouted from his rear. That was all for him.

As for the black haired maid, she underwent a similar transformation, but her ears were cat-like and black. Her hair stayed the same, but she grew a cat tail that was a light gray color with a black tip.

And now it's time for the blue haired royal.

This transformation was the worst. The blue hair began to spread throughout the royal's body as the ten year old's body grew bigger and bigger. The royal's hands grew bigger as their nails protruded and became black claws. Falling to the floor, the shirt began to rip as their trousers did the same. The royal's nose started to become a snout that jutted out with their teeth, fur quickly sprouting across it.