Chapter 15: Ballroom Dance

At dinner-Kira's POV
I wasn't looking at Yuki that much during dinner. I was wondering what our dance would be like, which, in turn, caused me to zone out a little bit.

"Hey Kira, are you excited for tonight?" Neon suddenly asked me. When I looked at her, I noticed that she was giving me a weird look, so I assumed that she was trying to break an awkward silence.

"Y-Yeah!" I said with a smile as I looked at Neon and nodded my head, so she looked at Yuki.

"What about you, Yuki?"

"Yeah! Definitely!" Yuki said with a vigorous nod of his head.

"That's nice." Neon said while turning her head back to her soup.

I'm going to admit that I wasn't really that hungry, and instead of being hungry, I was more nervous about my dance with Yuki than anything else. Neon and Kori must have noticed how we were acting because they both stood up from their chairs.

"Let's get you two ready." They said in unison.

Yuki and I stood up from our chairs next. Neon started to guide me away from the room, but I was still able to hear Kori and Yuki talking to each other as I walked away.

"I'll just wait for you and Kira near the ballroom. You go with Hamilton to your room." I heard Kori say.

"Okay, but why?" Yuki asked.

I couldn't hear the conversation after that, so I assumed that Hamilton was going to help Yuki pick out an outfit.
**************
Neon and I were in my room. She was mainly teasing me about Yuki while I was in the bathroom getting ready. Drying myself off, I reached for the clothes I was gonna wear that I laid on the toilet lid. I pulled the white, long sleeved shirt on as Neon teased me about Yuki from outside the bathroom.

"So, Kira, what do you think Yuki will look like?" She asked through the bathroom door while I reached for the blue overcoat with gold trimmings.

"I don't know, but with looks like that, that kid can look good in anything. Yuki's a nice boy, but I thought you were interested in Kori." I said as I pulled it over me.

"I am interested in Kori, sis." Neon replied.

"So then why are you asking about Yuki?" I asked, looking at the toilet and noticing the rest of the clothes weren't there. Walking out of the bathroom and towards my wardrobe, I saw Neon leaning against the door with her arms crossed.

"Because we're friends. If you and I had to meet up somewhere but we didn't know what the other person would be wearing, wouldn't you wonder at least a little bit of what the outfit would look like?" She asked, shrugging now.

"When you put it that way, I guess I can see where you're coming from." I said as I looked through my wardrobe, finding my tie on the floor of the wardrobe and placing it around my neck, tightening it up some and letting it rest against my chest, and then put on some pants.

Then I slipped on that black skirt with gold trimmings on the bottom, but still kept my pants on underneath.

"Now that's adorable." Neon said.

"It is?"

"Yes! Now come on! Let's get on those stairs!" Neon said as she motioned me to follow her out of my room.
Yuki's POV
As I waited for Kira on my side of the stairs, I looked around. These stairs sure are interesting.

When I heard a noise from Kira's side of the room, I looked at her side of the room. There she was, standing on her side of the stairs.

She actually did look pretty cute. I've never seen her in a skirt before, so that's a bonus.

The more we walked down the stairs and got closer to each other, my face got hot while my heart began to beat fast.

I was sure it was love by then, but I was a little distracted once I reached the bottom of those stairs.

"You okay?" Kira asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I shook my head and looked up at her.

"Yes! Just a little lost in thought." I said.

"I guess I can see why." She said as she shrugged.

Kira led me into the ballroom after that. Once in the middle of the room, Kira and I were looking at each other as we turned to our sides.

"Ready, m'lady?"

Kira nodded.

"After that night you taught me how to dance, how could I not be ready?" She asked.

I laughed, and soon we started to waltz across the golden floor.

At some point during the dance, Kira was looking behind her. When I looked behind me to see what she was looking at, I noticed it was Neon and Kori. Both of them looked like they wanted to join us.

Kira waved a hand at them, beckoning them over so they could dance with us. They started shaking their heads, but when I looked behind me again after a few minutes, I noticed that they had ended up dancing anyway.

"Y'know, Yuki.....this is actually....well, kinda fun." Kira said, beginning to blush.

"Of course it is, m'lady. After all, I'm the man you're dancing with."

Kira gave me a weird look, but then a smile crossed onto her face.

"Ha ha! Good one, Yuki!" She laughed. It was cute to see Kira laugh.

This seemed a lot like the conversation I had with Kira in that dream of mine, but there was no way it could turn out like the exact conversation from that dream.

"Kira, do you think you'll be more of a man than I'll ever be?" I asked.

Kira tilted her head.

"Why do you ask?"

"Oh, I was just wondering."

"Well...yeah. I do, actually. But Yuki, you can be manly in your own way." She said with a smile. I smiled back.

"And that's something I think we can both agree on." I said.
***************
After the dance, Kira took me to her room. I saw her take something off her dresser. Looking closer, I saw it was a mirror. It had a white handle which stretched to the rest of the mirror and around the glass, completing the mirror with three short curls.

"You can have this magic mirror. I never really needed it, but I have a feeling you'll need it for a bit. You tell it what you want to see and it shows you." Kira said.

"So if I wanted to see what you were doing, the mirror would show me?" I asked. Kira nodded.

"Exactly! You already have the hang of it. Just don't use it to spy on me." She said.

"Ha ha! I won't." I replied, smiling at what she said and taking the mirror, sliding it away in my pants pocket.

"Kira?"

"Yes?"

"Come closer." I responded.

Kira bent down a little.

"A little more."

She leaned down a bit more, but not by much. She was closer to my face now.

"Perfect." I said.

I leaned forwards just by a bit and kissed Kira.

She slowly began to straighten herself as stared at me, eyes widened, looking like she couldn't believe what just happened.

Then her face turned crimson and I watched as she ran out of her room.

It was an evening to remember, to say the least.

End chapter