Chapter 6: Kira's Fury

Kira's POV
I was pacing around the room on all fours. Hamilton, or duck boy as I liked to call him, was leaning on the brown wooden table that always stayed in the center of the room. The fireplace next to me crackled, flames floating inside it.

"Where is he!?" I shouted, still pacing. Neon was in the corner of the room, arms crossed, and seemingly more quiet than usual.

I walked over to her and sat on the floor in front of her.

"Are you okay?" I asked, tilting my head. Neon looked down at me and patted me on the head, smiling slightly like she usually would when she smiles.

"Yeah. You're so adorable sometimes, Kira."

"At least I retained that." I said, looking up at Neon and smiling. Neon stopped patting my head, retracting her hand and letting it flop to her side.

"Yeah, that's true."

I walked away from her, back on all fours once again. I was soon between the fireplace and the table. Hamilton just so happened to be sitting on the edge of the table now.

"You need to be patient. He'll be here soon." Hamilton said, wagging a finger at me. 

"How can you be so sure, duck boy?" I asked.

"Stop calling me that! I'm not a duck!" Hamilton said, quacking after he spoke.

"Yes you are!" Neon and I said in unison, startling Hamilton as he flinched.

"Anyway.....I'm not sure if he'll come, but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to quit on someone."

"Not sure?" I asked, raising a brow. "Did you overhear a conversation?"

"Well, I heard a conversation between him, Neon, and Kori, but not much. I just walked by his room to come down here." Hamilton replied, accompanied by another quack.

"Oh."

"Now that we've finished that...." Hamilton started, his voice trailing off as he looked down at me.

"What is it?"

"You need to control your temper!" He instructed, crossing his arms as he frowned at me.

"Yeah, yeah...if I can." I muttered, looking at the fire.

"What was that?" Hamilton asked. I looked back up at him.

"I'm not so sure if I can. I've been short tempered for as long as I can remember."

"Kira's right. I've known Kira since we were little. We're practically siblings. " Neon said from the corner of the room, now looking at us. 

I nodded in response.

"Oh. Wait, really?" Hamilton asked, followed by another quack. I nodded again.

"Wow, so you two go way back! No wonder why you guys are so nice to each other." Hamilton said.

Smiling now, I nodded my head.

"Yeah, but don't forget Kori."

"How long have you two known Kori?"

"Uuuuhhh...." My voice trailing off, I looked over at Neon as Hamilton did the same. I couldn't remember, but maybe she could.

"For about four years." Neon said.

"Oh." Hamilton said, looking away from Neon and back to me.

"Anyway, getting back to the temper thing..." Hamilton said.

"I know, I know. I'll try to control it, but no promises." I said, standing up.

"Good!" Hamilton gave me a thumbs up. "As long as you try, that's good enough for me."