The start

SAMATHA LEE'S P.O.V

"Pipsqueak wake up!" I hear daddy shout. I open my deep brown eyes and gaze up at daddy. "Daddy what's wrong?" I ask. "We need to go. Now." Daddy says picking me up. Daddy grabs his gun and some cash before running out the door. "Daddy where we going?" I ask. "We're gonna meet Eddie pipsqueak." Daddy says worried. I nod and grip his shoulder gently. Sirens could be heard. We round the corner and see Eddie car. Suddenly a gunshot goes off. Daddy cries out collapsing. "Daddy!" I cry. Eddie takes off upon seeing the cop. "Oh god no Eddie don't leave us!" Daddy cries. I struggle to help daddy up. Dad scoops me up and limps to the toy store. Daddy fires a few shots barely missing the cop. The cop fires once more hitting daddy in the chest. "Daddy! Your hurt!" I cry. "I know pipsqueak. It will be ok." Daddy says shooting the lock. Daddy gently sets me down before collapsing. I cry kneeling beside him. Daddy clutches his wound and groans. "Daddy!" I cry shaking him. "Cover your ears pipsqueak." Daddy says. I nod. Daddy shouts something. I take my hands off my ears. "Daddy you have to get up! The cop he's coming!" I cry. "I know pipsqueak. I know. Listen to me. You have to hide. Ok." Daddy says groaning. Tears spill down my face. I nod and hide behind some good guy dolls. I could see daddy groan once more. He looks around and grabs a good guy doll. He rips it out and puts his thumb on its forehead. Daddy begins to chant something as clouds cover the sky. A bolt of lightning comes down and sets the place ablaze. I peek out and gasp looking at daddy. The cop runs out as smoke fills the air. I slowly walk over to daddy and kneel beside him. I gently kiss his cheek before grabbing his gun and the doll he had been messing with. "I love you daddy." I whisper before taking off. I run out the back door and hide in a space between the buildings. I curl up as tears flow down my face. "I miss you daddy." I whisper. I slowly look up at the doll. It had a bloody thumb print on its forehead. I lick my finger and wipe it away. I clutch the doll close to my chest and cry. I rock slightly as footsteps can be heard. I go silent. "Hello?" The cops voice comes. I scoot closer into the darkness. I could have sworn I saw the dolls eyes narrow. But it must have been a trick of the light. The cops face appears in the ally way. He kneels down. "Hey there. Come here." He says. He couldn't get to me. He was to big. I shake my head scooting father into the ally way. "Hey your that kid that was with ray. Come here!" He says. I shake my head once more and reach the back of the space. The man sighs knowing he could not reach me. He tries once more but I stayed put. Finally the man just calls for backup and leaves. I quietly lift up a man hole and descend into the sewers. I find a railway station that was abandoned and decide it would be my new home. I sit down on the bench and toss the doll aside. As it hits the wall a soft grunt could be heard followed by a "Ow!" I jump up and look around. Shakes wrack my small frame. "W-Who's there?" I whisper. My eyes widen with fear as the doll comes alive and pushes itself up. I back up against the wall and curl up in fear. I could hear the doll coming towards me. This makes me clutch my knees tighter. I jump feeling the doll gently stroke my hair. "Hey. It's ok pipsqueak." I slowly look up. "Daddy?" I ask gasping. The doll nods. "How? You died?" I cry. Daddy shushes me. "I transferred my sole into this doll. You know I wouldn't leave you." Daddy says still stroking my hair. I nod and gently wipe my tears away. I then gently hug daddy. Daddy gently strokes my hair. "You did a good job hiding pipsqueak." Daddy says. I smile and nod. "Thanks daddy." I whisper. "Your hurt." Daddy says moving my ripped sleeve. I look down and see a large gash on my shoulder. Daddy rips my shirt and gently ties the cloth around my shoulder. "Thanks daddy." I say. Daddy nods. "Get some sleep pipsqueak." Daddy says. I nod and curl up on the bench. Daddy sits beside me. I slowly close my eyes and let sleep consume me.