prologue

each  chapter has a clue to who the bad guy is. unscramble the letters to find out.

The firstborn son of the Nibrue House, most regal of all the magic houses in the kingdom, was a shame to his family. He pulled stunt after stunt to earn money and magic by dishonest reasons. His mother and father were always at his defense, until he tried one of his schemes on the King. 

The firstborn son, Trad, stood before his father. "What are you saying, Father?" he asked.

Lord Arthur Nibrue set his pen down. "I'm saying that you have tested your mother's and mine patience for the last time. We've had enough of your tricks and stunts."

"Yes." Lady Charrlota told him. "Your father and I have decided to remove you as heir."

Trad was taken aback. "You can't do that." He said. "I am your firstborn. You won't live forever. Who will rule our lands when you finally die?"

Lord Arthur sealed the letter he had written. "You forget you're not our only son." He said. "Your brother is much more mature than you. He will rule the lands. Should something happen to him, his wife will rule."

"But my brother married a peasant girl!" Trad shouted.

"A peasant girl who is much kinder then your spoiled wife." Lady Charrlota snapped. "And if something should happen to her, it will be their daughter who will become Lady of the Nibrue House. Then, and only then, will you get it." She took the letter from Lord Arthur and handed it to a servant. "Deliver this to David, Lily, and Naomi Nibrue in the city of Manga." The servant bowed and left to deliver the hated letter. She turned to him. "Speaking of your wife, you should go tell her that you lost your inheritance."

Full of rage, Trad stomped out of the room. He looked for the servant with the letter, but the servant was smart and ran for the hills. All he could do was go to his apartment in the palace and tell his wife she would not be a Lady. He knew what she would say.

Then he got an idea. A devious idea. An idea to get rid of all who stood in his way of the Nibrue throne. But why stop there? He could use that same strategy on all who stood between him and the throne of the kingdom.