chapter 25:truth to teLL.

Naomi climbed into the carriage Abir was able to sneak. "Isn't this stealing?" Sage asked.

Naomi turned to her. "How is it stealing if it belongs to my family and I'm using it?" she replied. Naomi turned to Abir in the driver's seat. "Have you ever driven a carriage before?"

Abir made that so-so sign with his hand. "I've driven a cart. Can't be much different. But I seriously question hooking up the lions to pull us." He may have had a point, but how else were they going to get the lions that far. They won't leave Naomi alone. All she could think of was to hook all but Simba and Auntie up and hope for the best.

"It's getting late," Henry said. "Let's stop talking about the carriage and go already!"

"How do I get lions to move?" Abir asked. Naomi looked at the family of lions, lounging around, taking baths, giving baths, and scratching. This probably wasn't a good idea after all. Who knew if they would even be fast.

Naomi looked at the lions. An idea came to her. She remembered the spell for giving your pet horse wings. "Hold on everyone. King and his family are about to sprout some wings."

"Who's King?" Sage asked, rather rudely.

Naomi focused back to that day in the cart. Her eyes falling on the spell. She had passed right over it then, little did she know how much it would do. "Mighty steed, so proud and so fair. You shall fly right through the air." Anxious sounds of growls and snarls came from the lions. Stubs of feathers formed on their backs. "Soar gracefully through the sky. Always and forever will you fly." Great feathered golden brown wings arched above each lion's back. King let out a triumphant roar. "Fly!" Naomi shouted. "Fly!" And they flew.

They weren't vary graceful like the spell said. The lions flapped around, they hit each other, they hit the carriage, they hit the carriage house door. But when they were out in the open, soaring above the trees, King took control and things smoothed out. 

"This is amazing!" Marta shouted over the wind. "People aren't suppose to fly. No one will ever do this again. I love my best friend!"

Sage screamed. Naomi turned to her. Her face was white, like Simba's fur. "We're so high," she squeaked. "I don't l-like heights."

Naomi crossed her arms. "I don't believe it. Sage, you're afraid of heights," she laughed. "And teased me for being scared of a spider."

Naomi held her hand out to Sage. "Don't worry. Abir and I won't let you fall." Sage grasp her hand in a death grip, but slowly rose. Sage looked down and looked like she was going to be sick. Naomi lifted her chin upward towards the fluffy clouds. A flock of colorful birds flapped above them. Sage relaxed her grip and Naomi could feel her fingers again.

Something white flitted in front of Naomi's face. She reached out and grabbed something furry. She looked into Simba's face. He'd sprouted wings too, but his were white. "Just when I thought you couldn't get any more special." Naomi said to him. Simba squeaked at her.

"Arial land coming up!" Abir shouted back. "And by coming up, I mean coming up." Naomi looked over the edge. The ground was coming up way too fast. Before Abir could slow the lions down, they had crashed.

Naomi rubbed her head. She must have blacked out. She looked up at the sky. It was pink, sunset. "Oh, no!" she shouted. "Hurry everyone. Get up. We're running out of time." 

Abir sat up from his spot on the ground. His dark eyes widened. "Lady Naomi, is that was a Destroyer Storm looks like?" He pointed behind her. Naomi turned.

Dark clouds rumbled with thunder in the distance. Strong winds reached them all the way out there. It was without a doubt a Destroyer Storm. 

Naomi shook with fear. Her mind flashed back to that horrible night at sea. When she became an orphan. The dark clouds, the thunder, the lighten, all of it was bringing back awful memories to her in a flash.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Sage. "I'm sorry. I know you won't believe me, but I really am. Let me help you with your fear, like how you helped me with mine." Naomi gripped her hand. She really did believe Sage this time.

A hand took her free one. Naomi expected it to be Marta, but Abir stood at her side. "You got me away from my bad father. I may be a servant, but I'm not my father's slave." He lifted her hand and planted a gental kiss on the back of it. Naomi felt her face flush.

Henry and Marta stood on the other sides of Abir and Sage. Simba squeezed his way between her lags. King growled at the storm. Sissy backed up into Auntie's protection. Naomi took a deep breath. "Prepare to lose it all Trad," she whispered to the wind.

Far away, on a distance hill, Trad heard her whisper carry all the way to him. He looked to his servant in the cloak, who had also heard it and was cowering in the carriage. Somebody was in big trouble.