chapter 27:the STORM rages on.

A war raged in Naomi's mind a thousand times stronger then the storm that raged around her. It would be easy to get her revenge, no one would blame her for doing it. But this was her father's brother. Could she really do it?

Naomi raised the skull cane, it's eyes sent a red glow dancing across the grass and reflecting off the rain drops. She took a deep breath and threw it in the air. "Fetch!" she called to Simba. The cub took off after it. His jaw came down hard enough to crack the cane in half. The end with the skull fell to the ground and the plaster skull smashed on the ground. 

In that instance, the spell over the Lords broke. They saw the lions on top of them and did what all people with lions on top of them do. They panicked. 

Naomi realized she probably should get the flying lions off the Lords before they got hungry. "It's alright. I'm okay. You can all get off now." The females and King got of the terrorized  Lords and went back to either their cubs or to growl at Trad, who was still before Naomi. "I had a little adventure," she said to the startled Lords. "I may or may not have been adopted by lions who I gave wings to."

Lord Arial eyed her, King, and Simba who chewed on the other end of the skull cane. "You really are a daughter of the Nibrue House. Who ever heard of lions that fly?" Abir, Sage, Marta, and Henry raised their hands.

Naomi turned to the tent. "Come on out Victoria. You lost." Victoria peeked out between the tent flaps. She turned back to Trad. "I'm doing what I should have done a long time ago. You and your wife are disowned from the Nibrue House. I'm banishing you both and don't you ever show your faces in my land again. Is that clear?" she asked. Trad didn't answer. "Just to point this out, I have flying lions at my command. I'm not someone you want to mess with. Now get rid of this storm." 

Trad smirked at her. "You can't stop a Destroyer Storm," he said. "It's impossible."

"Not unless it's made by magic, which it obviously is." Naomi reached down to pet the white lion with wings crewing on half a cane. "Unless you spoke in Magic Tongue." Trad smiled. "You spoke in Magic Tongue."

"What's Magic Tongue?" Sage asked. Marta shrugged her shoulders. Abir shook his head in answer.

Henry sighed. "Magic Tongue's the language of the Magic Houses. Any spell said in Magic Tongue can't be reversed," he paused. "Which means this storm is here to stay, possibly forever."

Lord Arial groaned. "How will I get my troops to knock out the rebels now?"

Naomi walked over and stood by Lord Arial. "You have air powers. You live on a flouting island. Make more flouting islands above the storm. Then you can go about your life as usual."

Lord Arial stood up. He was towering over her. Why were members of the Arial House so tall? "And the rebels have a chance to escape without paying," he growled. "What is your plan for that?"

Naomi stood as tall as she could, reaching to his lower chest area. She looked up at him. "Not my problem. Remember that I don't want any part in your little rebellion. Try to bring me into it and I'll introduce you to King." King stopped licking his paws and looked up. 

Lord Arial looked down at her. "You aren't going to be a normal Lady, are you?" He asked.

Naomi twirled a lock of hair around her finger. "Define normal." She said. Simba had grown tired of the cane and half walked, half flew to Naomi's side.

Naomi flew back to the Nibrue Palace on King's back with Simba flapping away at her side. Her grandmother reacted exactly the way Naomi thought she would. Laughing at how her little lion gets along with other real lions and then marveling at all the lions' wings.