chapter 28:after the storm was SUMMONED.

Naomi held the new son of the Nibrue House. After Victoria gave birth, she and Trad had dropped their son Nathan at an orphanage and left him there. The people at the orphanage had gotten word to them and Lady Charrlota had rushed to get the child. Naomi knew he would happier here then with his parents.

Simba, with his fuzzy start of a main, rolled around with Sissy on the floor. Once Sissy had stopped trying to snuggle with Naomi, Simba stopped bugging her and they were getting along now. Though Naomi suspected it also had something to do with Simba being male and Sissy being female.

The bedroom door opened. Abir peeked his head in. "Lady Naomi." He said. "It's time." Naomi put Nathan into his crib and let the nursemaid take over. She took up her fan and magic scepter. It was time.

The Nibrue ball room was filled with people. The winged lions perched on the chandler, probably not the best place to sit. The Lords of the Magic Houses sat proudly up front with their families. The King, Queen, and their children sat next to the Nibrue throne. King Joshi and his family were settled in the middle area, the young princes and princesses looking up in wonder at the winged lions. Tiger and her troops stood along the edges.

Naomi took a deep breath. She never thought she would be this nervous.  A warm hand grasped hers. She looked over towards Abir. "Are you ready, my lady?" he asked.

Naomi reached down to touch Simba's fuzzy head. "I was born ready." She said. Abir smiled. He raised his hand as a signal for the musicians to start. The fanfare filled the air. Naomi was being blessed as the new Lady Nibrue.

The crowd parted for her. The little girl who she had shown how to make a snowball ran up and hugged her. Naomi hugged her back and the girl ran back to her mother. Naomi would have to learn that girl's name. 

The Lords of the other Magic Houses nodded their agreement. They were still not thrilled about Tiger and the rebels being aloud here, but they didn't dare argue with a girl who had winged lions strong enough to tear them apart. The King stood up from his throne. He raised his golden scepter and tapped it gently on her shoulders and once on her fore head. The Queen and royal children smiled. 

Naomi turned to the throne on which generations of Nibrues had ruled from. Her throne. She stepped up the stairs, turned to face the crowd, and sat down in her throne. The winged lions flew down from the chandelier and stood proudly by her side, King more forward then most and Auntie with her newborn cub stood as nearby as Simba would let them, the cub was probably the last one she would ever have.

Those who had seats stood up. The music reached a climax. Lady Charrlota proudly stroked King's main. "It is my honer and pride to present to you, Lady Naomi Nibrue, daughter of David and Lily Nibrue, mistress of the winged lions, and most importantly Lady of the Nibrue House." A cheer of "Hail Lady Naomi" rang through the room. The lions roared, or squeaked in some cases. Naomi felt pride swirl up in her chest. 

She glanced to the side where Abir stood. He was proud, and so was she. This was going to be the day which changes her life, or maybe it was just her imagination.