Anxiety imagine

Trigger warning anxiety meltdown. I base this off my own experiences FYI.

I fell against the cold metal wall of the trailer.

"Breathe in 1 2 3." I tried to control my rapid health rate but the sharp spontaneous inhales really dampened the effort.

"It's okay. You are okay. 1 2 3. 3 2 1." Tears streamed freely and my core shaking sobs echoed through the container. I clutched my sides in each hand, arms wrapped around my own torso, grabbing anything. The sporadic almost borderline hyperventilatic sobs made my chest ache, giant tears roll off my cheeks on to the fabric of my shirt I wiped my running nose with the back of my hand.

"You are okay. Good lord breathe normally." The anxious nerves rolled through my body making me quake back-and-forth with chills, and goosebumps littered my arms in return, causing my teeth to clutter over the intense in irrythmatic breathing. I raked my hands through my hair, pulling deep at the root. The sensitivity of my hair just increasing the tear flow. My eyes puffy and swollen and my voice hoarse from the broken sobs erupting from my voice box. I sighed, utterly done with this anxiety attack. The gentle knock on the door on the trailer door startled me but the voice to following made my skin crawl. He didn't need to see me like this.

"Hey (y/n) you in here?"

"Yeah." I spoke, more like squeaked. The door swung open leaving it slightly ajar. The sunlight shown on the tall, skinny boy, sporting a black flannel and red Air Jordan Ones. His curly brunette locks bounced as he walked towards me.

"What happened?" He questioned, sliding down next to me. He pulled me into him. I laid on his chest trying to match his even breaths. I hiccuped and gasped still unable to relax.

"I've had a really bad day." I muttered.

"What set it off?" He spoke knowing. He had helped me with things like this before. Never to this extreme though.

"First of all my I love your cast mates but they are driving me crazy today, I'm so damn sick of being sad, and Millie had the audacity to yell at me for not having her trailer ready and literally any other day it would've been fine but today was not it." I said, the tears had stopped but the obnoxiously out of rhythm breath was still present. The brunette wrapped his arms around me tighter pulling me onto his lap. The combined body heat slowly making my chilled arms warm.

"Okay," he started. "Here's what's going to happen you're going to hang out with me for a while, get a break from the rest of them, and my mission in life is to always make you happy. Mills is going to get it from us today because if there is one thing that we all hate collectively it is when you cry." He explained "So take that mamas, also I have something for you." I looked up at him.

"Really?" I smirked. He stood up and pulled me up with him. Giving me one last hug for good measure. He grabbed my hand and we walked back to the field. As soon as we were in line of sight of the older cast mates they walked towards us.

"Hell yeah Wolfhard! You got our Baby back." Joe cheered as the boys followed him. Natalia ran up to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"You scared me, don't do that again." I laughed.

"Oh my gosh. You guys I'm fine. Like I'm fine!" I stressed.

"You better be." Finn smiled. "Now dry those eyes pretty girl because look what's been sitting in my car with your name on it." He handed me a Nike box. I nervously pulled back the lid. I looked down at the crisp pair of pink and purple Air Jordan's. My smiled grew wider than ever as I smelled the scent of fresh leather.

""Shut up! Shut up! This is not real. How did you get these?" I yelled, jumping up and down.

"You know one of my best friends is sponsored by Nike right?" He smirked.

"I don't even know what to say." I rambled looking up at the boy.

"Yes you do. Don't lie Baby." Maya looked at me. I blushed.

"You're right. Finn Wolfhard I've loved you for a long time but this is the icing on the cake. Thank you so much." I wrapped my arms around the him as he kissed the crown of my head.

"Good thing I love you too, because that was some damn expensive icing." He joked before leaning down and placing his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss as the cast mates freaked.

"Eww nasty, are you kidding Finnie." David yelled.

"Get a room." Charlie added. Finn silently flipped them off.

"PDA! PDA! Duffers!" Joe and Natalia shouted before gagging.

"You are probably the biggest simp I've ever seen." Maya chuckled.