Menace Up the Mountain : Episode Four

The Zygon Leader watched the Doctor over the security cameras thoughtfully. "Switch on the audio circuits."

"Leader, is that wise?"

"Do it," the Zygon Leader smiled. "We can stop the Doctors meddlesome companion."

* * *

As the Doctor was shutting down the absorber, he heard the Zygon Leaders voice all around him.

"You will stop," the Zygon Leader cackled.

"Will I?" The Doctor continued, not even flinching.

"I repeat, you will stop," the Zygon Leader repeated.

"I don't take orders from you," the Doctor laughed.

* * *

"But you do from the Doctor," the Zygon Leader turned to look at Max. "And we have the Doctor."

"No," the Doctor said calmly.

"Yes," the Zygon Leader laughed. "If you do not stop what you are doing, he will die."

"No," the Doctor still wasn't phased.

"Yes," the Zygon Leader was still confident. "We know that the Doctor trains his companions to save life no matter what."

"You see," the Doctor started to laugh. "I do. But I dont follow that myself."

"I do not understand," the Zygon Leader was confused.

* * *

"You've grossly underestimated our ability to lie," the Doctor smiled as he finished shutting down the device. "I am the Doctor, that is my companion and that," the Doctor pointed at the Zygons machine. "That is now useless."

* * *

The Zygon Leader stood still, analysing the non active device. "Our plans have failed."

He then turned back to the screen. "But if we cant have Earth, nobody can! Activate the Self Destruct sequence, set power to maximum."

* * *

Outside the Doctor disconnected the power cable and threw it back into the Tardis.

He raised his sonic and pointed it at the camera. "Max! I'm coming to get you."

Zap!

He blew up the camera.

* * *

"Brothers, huddle together," the Zygon Leader ordered. "We will die, but destroying the world."

"What about the Doctors Companion?" The Zygon restraining Max asked.

"Put him in a cell," the Zygon Leader spat. "He will die painfully, with us. Difference will be, he's alone."

Max suddenly regained consciousness. "Oh leader," it wasnt Max speaking. "With two consciences living in one mind, I'm never alone."

The Master had regained control.

He kicked the Zygon holding him and tripped it over, running down the enterance corridor. He bumped into the Doctor who was running inside the base.

"Turn around!" the Doctor exclaimed. "I got a patrol behind me."

They both ran deeper into the main base.

"Now we're just going deeper inside," the Master groaned.

The Doctor paused, instantly recognising it was the Master speaking. "You took control?"

"You're little friend put up such a fight, so much so he passed out," the Master laughed.