Rise of the Lightning Man : Episode Four

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Zap!

The top of the tower was hit with a massive blast of Ligntning which hit the red ball which started to form a humanoid shape.

The Doctor was launched off the tower and also fell 200 feet to the floor.

Explosions erupted all around the bottom of the tower as machines blew and guards were killed.

As the guard next to Sophie was blasted away by an explosion, she was knocked to the floor where she shielded herself behind the metal scraps.

The humanoid at the top of the tower took shape.

The Lightning Man was reborn.

He flew down to the ground. "Life!"

Sophie peeped her head up from behind the scraps to see a wounded Doctor, lying in front of the Lightning Man.

"Revenge is sweet is it not?" The Lightning Man placed a hand on the Doctor's chest as surged electricity through him.

The Doctor screamed in pain with whatever life he had left.

"DIE DOCTOR! DIE!"

* * *

From the distance, Max had watched the strike. He saw the Power Stations tower slowly tilting to the left and knew what was coming.

The storm wasn't over yet so he approached the warehouse and broke in the same way the Doctor and Sophie did.

* * *

Sophie couldn't stay under the scraps for much longer, hearing the Roctors screams.

"Ow!" She felt something at the back of her mind pushed forwards.

Her whole environment changed around her as voices and people started to take shape.

Memories came flooding back as she remembered why she was in maximum security.

* * *

"The Invasion force is on it's way," a Zygon Commander informed its fellow Zygons around him. "We will have millions of Zygons on standby. Next stop is Mount Regimoto, Earth."

Outside the Zygon Spaceship which was orbiting Earth, a ship started to dock. A Time Agent Ship.

Inside, Sophie Tribula was armed and ready. "Here we go."

The ship had docked and she entered the organic corridors.

In the control room, the Commander had noticed the ship docking. "Send Guards, whoever it is, kill them."

Several Zygons left the control room and headed for the docking bay.

Sophie and the Zygons met in the corridor and exchanged shots at eachother.

Zap! Bang! Zap! Zap!

The Zygons chased Sophie into a strange sort of metal cupboard as the door slid shut, locking her inside.

Bang!

She attempted to shoot the door down but to no avail.

"You are in the airlock," a Zygon informed her. "Eject the air."

Another Zygon pushed a button on the other side of the door.

She screamed as a door to the outside of the ship opened and she was ejected.

* * *

"Sophie," Max's voice could be heard as her surroundings returned to normal. "Sophie!"

"Yeah," she groaned as she slowly got to her feet.

"We have to go now!" Max yelled. "The tower! Its collapsing."

Bang!

Another explosion took place as another power line fell to the floor.

"What?" Sophie's vision finally returned making her see her surroundings. She tried to get to her feet as she saw the tower come closer and closer to them.

Max took her hand and helped her away as the tower came crashing down.

They leaped out of the way as it hit the ground and debris launched in every direction.

Bang!

Electricity still ran through it, sending explosions in every direction.

Once it was over, Max and Sophie got back up to their feet, wounded but alive.

"Where's the Doctor?" Sophie asked as she looked over the ruins of the power station.

"I managed to carry him away before I got to you," Max explained.

"And the Ligntning Guy?" Sophie turned to Max.

"Ran away," Max bit his lip.

Sophie frowned. "Why did he run away?"

"Why?" Max stared at Sophie, almost scared. "Because of you."

"Me?" Sophie was confused.

"This whole thing has something to do with you. At Cloudy Heights, you were the one that stopped the Judge. You shot him with Lightning," Max continued to explain. "When I found you unconscious, you were glowing with lightning. Red lightning."

"You don't understand," Sophie crossed her arms. "My memories have come back. I'm Sophie Tribula and I'm a Time Agent. I was born on Earth and I was specially picked to be a Time Agent when I was 16. The last thing I remember before meeting you guys was being on a mission to stop the Zygons."

"Nice to finally meet you Sophie Tribula but we can't get to know each other properly yet, we have to see if the Doctor is okay."

"Right," Sophie nodded. "Come on."

* * *

On the other side of the village, the Lightning Man was planning his next move, still confused.

Whilst he was killing the Doctor, he turned and saw Sophie radiating red lightning. He sensed it was his lightning and had tactically retreated.

"That girl," he talked to himself. "She had my ability." He paced up and down slowly before staring at the sky.

"This world is quite special to the Doctor, isn't it," the Lightning Man chuckled. "Shame if it were destroyed. The ultimate revenge. I think it's time I revisited that power station."

* * *

Max had layed down the Doctor behind some machinery at the Power Station.

Him and Sophie ran over to him to see if he was okay.

He was still unconscious.

Max took the sonic screwdriver from the Doctor's pocket and scanned his pulse. "He's in a bad way."

"How bad?" Sophie gulped.

Max sighed. "He did fall from the top of an electricity tower and have several thousand volts sent through his body. If we don't get him back to the Tardis within the hour, he'll die. He'll regenerate."

"Regenerate? Like a starfish?" Sophie frowned.

"More than that," Max shook his head. "It's the way Time Lords keep living, when the Doctor is injured to the point of death, he can renew himself. He becomes a whole new person, new visual appearence, attitude, personality but with the same memories and if we don't get him back to the Tardis in time. It will happen."