Prologue:

Y/N POV:

I step into the Gryffindor common room to see kids of all ages in the same robes walking past. I walk forward only to be stopped by a Prefect and a bunch of "first years" parading by and out the door. I'm astonished. The amount of events that had happened in the past eight months had led me to here, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft.

Eight months ago I learned that I had been adopted, and my parents were not who they said they were. I was born in the "Muggle World" or the U.S.A., and spent my whole life with muggle friends, and muggle traditions. Until I had began working at the local post office, things started to get a little wacky. I began coming across letters of the same texture and color. I had seen it was my name, but I was always told to leave the letters for my house to the mailmen, so I never took the ones with my name.

One day twelve of them came flying down the mail shoot, and swarmed around my head and landing into my hands. "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft" was written in script on the envelope and my name in dark red lettering. I took the letter and opened it when I was sure I was alone in my bedroom. Inside was my acceptance letter to a school I had never heard of. I didn't bother asking my parents about it, and I left it there for weeks and weeks, until more strange things occurred.

As I was walking to my bedroom, a knock sounded on my window. I opened it only for a white owl to come in and drop off another letter from the same address. Except on the inside, was a personalized message from a name I never recognized, telling me about my biological parents. The letter described Hogwarts, and why I was always very spiritual. My parents read the letter and agreed to let me go, as they had planned to send me away for boarding school anyways. They did not know it was a school of magic. Now here I stand in the Gryffindor common room, astonished by what's in front of me.

I find my dormitory and I meet my new roommates, Hermione Granger and Nicole Louis. Nicole couldn't handle the heat of the school and dropped out, leaving nothing but an empty bed in her space. So in the end it was just Hermione and I.

"Well I assume that it'll be just us this year?" Hermione states as she plops herself on her bed. "Yes, I presume," I say taking a long look around, "I'm new here, and I don't have many wizard friends."

"Well that's alright!" Hermione jumps, "I will introduce you to my two best friends Harry and Ron!" She grabs my hand and we both rush to the Dining Hall for dinner.