Chapter 57- Let Me

The stars were in the sky now. Littering the dark sky with countless bright dots of pure white light. The world starting to fall into a calm quietness, the feeling of comfort hanging heavily between us.

Solus and I now sitting beside each other. Not touching, not even talking. But in each others company, staring at the sky in silence. But a silence that I could enjoy for hours.

I looked to Sol's calm face. All I could think about was how beautiful she was. And how much I still had to learn about her, about them?

Christine mentioned she doesn't adhere to traditional gender rules. I have to remember that. I have to remember everything about her; them?

No, mine.

I have to remember everything about my mate. My strong mate, my beautiful mate. They're mine.

She's mine.

Staring at her, hands clasped together on my lap as I study every detail of her face. The bruises she had from Grits were almost gone.

The melanin of her skin was a rich caramel that glowed beautifully under the moonlight. Full lips, plump, delicious looking. Her eyes were large but you could barely tell with the way her hair hid her face. Constantly falling into her eyes and hiding her face away from me.

I only wanted to look at her.

Her eyes, her dark expressive eyes. Forever golden, but I've seen her when she's just woken up.

Laughing at the memory of her falling asleep in front of me when I first went to her apartment. Watching her eyes flutter open with deep pools of chocolate brown irises to greet me.

Only to watch as the brown was replaced by a rippling wave of bright gold. Just like now.

As her eyes were trained on the moon, the moon reflecting back on the gold making her eyes look brighter, almost ethereal. It was divine, just to look at her.

The tightness in my chest expanding into my bones, reaching around and crushing my muscles, the need to hold her. The need to feel her body pressed against mine. The need to kiss her and tell her everything I've ever wanted to say to my mate.

But it's not time for that yet.

We are moving slowly. As friends.

I can do that. I can be her friend. I know I can.

But want her to be so much more than a friend.

Dear Nyx this is hard!

"Can I ask a favor?" She asks. Her eyes still locked onto the moon.

"Anything. What is it?" I say quickly.

"The full moon is tomorrow. I got word from my landlord he won't be in town to let me use the room I rent. You have a dungeon here right?"

"Yes?" I answer completely lost to where this conversation is going.

"Can I use one of the cells?" She asks.

"What? Why?" I asked. And then it dawned on me. Wolves like Solus become completely unhinged during the full moon. I've seen many times what a rejected wolf becomes during the most sensitive time of the month.

Almost monstrous. Entirely primitive and driven solely by emotion. Pure ID.

Inner Desires.

But most times, it's destructive, entirely and totally chaotic. Witnessing the attempted suicides of rejected wolves while under the influence of the full moon, it was absolutely brutal.