Prologue

I MOVED EPILOGUE 2 FROM KNOCK ON WOOD TO HERE.

Just say you won't let go

Percy was getting married. Neither Oliver nor Delilah could believe it. Out of all the people, Delilah would've never thought Percy Weasley would be the first to get married. He had to be extra and throw a party for his friends for getting engaged and no one was complaining.

Delilah however was not too excited about it. Work was killing her, especially being new meant you had to put in more effort than anyone else. After Rita Skeeter got fired from the prophet, Delilah knew that it was the job she had to take up. All her life she had grown up with fake news and overly exaggerated stories about her and she felt like she had to change that.

Delilah knew very well that one person couldn't change everything with just a flick of their wand but she could write less lies and more truths, right? But this also meant that she did more research than anyone else who practically made up their stories.

She had been covering on post- war effects on wizards and witches and had interviewed many many people. Going to a party right after work seemed like a lot of work that she didn't want to do but she really wanted to be there for Percy, so after Oliver practically dragging her out of the house, they stood in the Burrow with glasses of Butterbeer and Firewhiskey cheering for their friends.

Jesse had been doing pretty well as a Healer in st. Mungo's but he too seemed pretty much dead most of the time. His job was rather uncertain, he would have to be at the hospital at any time of the day if it were required, it wasn't much of a choice.

Clarissa had been not really working, she had been taking a break and really finding herself. The war had left a lot of marks on people, mentally on Clarissa and physically on Connor. An injury that once seemed like a temporary thing had become pretty much permanent. One of his legs had completely shut down, luckily magic made a lot of things easier, but it was still a problem.

Alexander had been working with the ministry in the department for the regulation and control of Magical Creatures and he seemed to be enjoying it a lot.

"Any plans made about the wedding yet?" Clarissa asked Percy.
"We've been engaged a week" Percy rolled his eyes and Clarissa gave him a knowing look, "Okay, maybe, we might get married around February. I don't know, it wasn't really a conversation just a mention."
"You both already thought of that!?" Delilah's jaw dropped, "I don't even think I've seen Oliver in the past week, let alone plan anything for a wedding" It was true. Delilah and Oliver had been engaged for over two months now and they hadn't even talked about the Wedding. They were rather busy with making a career for themselves and honestly neither of them cared that much. Delilah would be perfectly fine marrying him two years later too.
"You're a busy woman, plus Audrey and I work in the same place, we have lunch together, and we can practically see each other any time"Percy shrugged.
"That's true, where is Audrey anyways? I saw her like once in the past half hour"
"She's with her friends from school" Percy nodded in her direction. Audrey seemed to be talking to two women.

"Who's that?" Clarissa asked.
"Adeliene Menkem" Percy raised a brow at his friend.
Clarissa gave him a small smirk, "I'm interested, tell me more"

Oliver woke up at five in the morning everyday for practice. By the time Delilah woke up, he was usually gone. She only saw him at dinner but barely comprehended anything with her mind running with ideas, things to remember or too tired for anything.