12

Scarlets POV
_________________

Like Cole had said he would be there for the days leading up to the ball but I've been to nervous and overthinking everything that came into my mind.

Today was the day of the ball and he was leaving tomorrow.

Hunter let me, Matteo and Shyanne to take off of school today. He was also working on getting full custody of Shyanne. We all thought of her as a sister. Besides Matteo.

Shyanne told me that they've just started dating. I'm happy for her and I'll kick his ass if he hurts her. And I've made that explicitly clear to him if anything does happen. That's what she had wanted to talk to me about the night we when to Coles house.

Currently I'm sitting here in my room not sure what to do my phone is on the other side of the room. Still contemplating if I should use Coles number since he did give it to me if I wanted to see him anytime before the ball.

Then it rang causing me to scramble and look to see who it was.

Cole.

I answer it.

"H-hi" I answer

"Hey"

"Look I wanted to call you but I overthink everything and I just don't know what to do" I confess

He chuckles slightly "it's ok. I wanted to know if you wanted to see me before the ball or during maybe" he asked unsure

"I'd like that" I say smiling even though he can't see me.

"I can hear the smile in your voice angel. Meet me in half an hour"

"I don't have a car or someone to drive me at the moment and just to point out I'm fifteen. I don't and can't have my learners permit yet"

"All right I'll pick you up in half an hour. See you then" he chuckled

"See you then" I said a slight blush creeping onto my cheeks.

I showered and blow dried my hair changing into a black crop top with a denim jean shirt and white flats.

I do my usual make up and head down stairs where I see Cole walking up the driveway.

I walk out and lock the door with my set of keys.

"Hey angel. Did you get all dolled up for me" he asked giving me a hug

"No. I don't do the whole dressing for others thing" I half lied. Yes I wanted him to think I looked good but I'm not changing my style for anyone.

"Good. But I kinda wish you did" he pouted.

"I'm not changing my style for you Moretti but I did put in a bit of extra effort so you thought I looked good" I said blushing at the words coming out of my mouth.

"You always look beautiful angel" he said kissing my cheek and leading me to his car.

We ended up going out for ice cream at the pier.

I had a really great time.

"Princess I think it's time to head back. I want you to have time to get ready. Ball starts at eight and it's almost six." He did have a point.

"Alright" I sigh getting up in the process. We were sitting on the pier with our feet dangling over the edge and me snuggled into his chest.

As Cole was taking me home I get a text from all my siblings
(Whenever I say siblings it's her brothers and Shyanne)

(Italicized is Hunter. Bold is Elijah. Underlined is Matteo. Bold and underlined is Leo. Bold and italicized is Shyanne. And regular is scarlet. )

____________________
"Scarlet Vanessa Rose De'Luca where the hell are u" Hunter texted.