14

Scarlets POV
_________________

One year later.

_________________

"You did good today" Matteo said handing me a water bottle after our run and sitting down at the breakfast bar.

"Thanks" I say wiping the sweat off my forehead. Ever since Cole left my life's been a mess and not because of him.

Yeah we occasionally text and call but that's about it. It's usually a call every other week and the same with a text.

I don't want to bother him because I found out the real reason he left for Italy and Russia while her was away.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts when a shoulder bumps into me.

"Thanks Leo" I say sarcastically while giving him a glare.

"Welcome"

"So scar what do you want to do for your birthday tomorrow" Hunter asks looking up from his plate.

"I told you already I'm fine. But if you're so hell bent which I do appreciate I guess just us and the girls. Nothing big." I tell him.

Yes I did love what they did for my birthday last year but I just want something small this year.

"Ok if you insist and I saw shy running to find you so watch out" Lijah warns me.

I'm then tackled by one of shys hugs.

"Happy almost birthday" she says.

"Alright shy that's enough I have to go shower" I say chuckling. As I walk out she then runs over to Matteo and kisses his cheek.

I smile and continue to my room to take a shower but stop once my phone buzzes.

Checking the contact name I see the one persons name I haven't seen in a while.

Cole

"I can't wait to see you in a few days angel. I miss you so much. See you soon angel"

With a smile on my face I start my day.
___________________________________

"Uhhh" I groan as I flip onto my bed

"Oh cry me a river" Alara said laughing.

"Oof" I complain when a pillow hurls into my stomach. I look up at the ceiling. Why can't it just be Saturday already.

"We know you miss lover boy we'll stop. When we feel like it"Alara grinned
___________________________

Coles POV

___________________________

I sigh deep in my thoughts as I enter the kitchen of my good friend Mikhail. He's the second son of the current Russian mafia don where his brother is next in line.

"Sup Dude. Thinking about scarlet again" he says with his thick Russian accent while I just roll my eyes and start to walk away.

I still have about a week here but I'm going to try and call Scar for her birthday tomorrow. I miss her like crazy. The next week can't come fast enough hoping for another kiss that she gave me just before I had to leave for Italy. I also wish that I was back home for her birthday but sadly I couldn't be.

I had already sent my gift over for scars birthday though the mail and I hope she'll wear it to the ball like I had asked. Not only that I do hope she likes it.

I'll see you in a week angel and that's a promise after all this time apart.

I sigh with that thought and head up to bed since I have training early in the morning.