04 | "only for you potter"

POTIONS WAS ALWAYS dreadfully boring, Professor Slughorn had mastered how to drone on and on about ingredients or famous potions or even anecdotes of his own. It was not fun.

Lyra was more concerned for her detention tonight, knowing she had to speak to Sirius. But in the classic Lyra way, she pushed this problem aside and tried to focus on Slughorn.

Lyra and Evelyn had been messing around all potion lesson one way or another - if it was nattering away to each other or winding someone else up -  and Professor Slughorn was on his last nerve with the two girls. So, when they both burst into laughter again, Professor Slughorn had enough and stormed over to the girls.

"Switch seats, Potter and Crabbe swap!" He barked. 

"Now!"

Evelyn's eyes widened as she realised who she'd have to sit next to, Sirius. "No, Professor! Please, I beg. We'll be quiet!"

"What have we even done?!" Sirius exclaimed, slamming his hand on the desk slightly.

"That's so unfair, sir, please!" James piped in.

"Stop whining," the Professor replied, "swap, now!"

Evelyn huffed before standing up and gathering her stuff.

"Bye Evy. I'll see you soon, okay?" Lyra feigned upset as the Professor watched with an unamused look. If he was making them move already, they might as well wind him up a bit more.

"You better," Evelyn replied, wiping a fake tear off her face, "I'll miss you, my dear Lyra!"

Most of the class were watching the two friends mess about, the Gryffindors pretending to be bored as they were 'nasty, sly Slytherins' but the Slytherins watched with great amusement as the duo messed with their head of house, chuckling to themselves. Nevertheless, everyone jumped when Professor Slughorn shouted, "Seats! Now!"

Evelyn scurried over to Sirius while James strolled over to Lyra, not really caring. He sat down and instantly kicked his feet up.

"Hello, new desk-buddy," James grinned lazily.

Lyra rolled her eyes. "Don't call me that."

"Why not, Black? Find me annoying?" James mused.

"No, you're lovely," she laughed sarcastically, "even more so on the eyes."

James feigned offence, "I honestly feel like you don't like me. I thought we were at least friends, Black."

"Well, hmmm," was all Lyra said.

"Well, Sirius likes me," James retorted.

"Maybe too much," Lyra muttered breathlessly.

James rolled his eyes, adding, "Sirius and other people, thank you."

"You should talk to him, y'know?" James said after a while.

Lyra didn't reply, but James continued , "He really misses you, and he hates how he left you. You should have seen him, he was in bits-"

Lyra stopped him and snapped, "I know, okay?"

James nodded, before facing the front of the classroom again (and quickly zoning out.) Nothing more was said between the pair, which was surprising for the James Potter to be absolutely silent for such a long time.

"Can you quit that?"

Lyra had been absentmindedly tapping her quill against the desk, lost in her own though. She smirked.

"What? Stop this," she tapped more often.

"Yes, it's very annoying," James began, to which she tapped faster.

"Please, stop, I beg."

"Okay, okay," she put her hands up in mock surrender.

Then she winked, "Only for you Potter."

To wind him up, obviously.

Lyra didn't know what she was going to say Sirius, or how to deal with the situation at all really - she did not have a clue. This made her a bit nervous, but she'd never admit it.

As to not make this evident in her behaviour, she didn't hesitate as she strolled into Professor Flitwick's classroom and sat down.

"You're late, Miss Black," the Professor called.

"Must of lost track of time," she shrugged, "sorry, sir."

"That's quite alright, Miss Black. I was just telling your brother, here, that you will be writing lines for me tonight."

And with that, Professor Flitwick handed out a few pieces of parchment to the twins and sat back down at his desk. They both started scribbling down what he had told them too. How boring.

It went on for way too long. Lyra was itching to talk to Sirius, the tension was far too much now, but Professor Flitwick would not leave the room. It was bugging her, she was tapping her quill against the desk, waiting for him to leave.

"You okay?" Sirius whispered, noticing her tapping her quill.

"Yeah," she replied as she stopped the tapping, becoming annoyed with the habit.

Flitwick's chair scraped as he pushed it back and hopped off, "I'll be back by the end of your detention, please continue. If you don't, it will be another detention."

They watched, impatiently, as he left.

"Finally, I never thought he'd never-" Lyra was stopped when Sirius practically threw himself on her.

"Woahhh," she patted his jokingly, "hey there, big guy, didn't know you missed me that much."

She did hug him back properly though.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, "I'm so so sorry."

"It's fine, Sirius," she shrugged, "honestly."

"No, I'm sorry for leaving."

"It's a good thing," Lyra insisted.

Sirius looked as if he wanted to stamp his feet, "But I left you! You should be angry!"

"I was," she shrugged again, "this is a silly thing to bicker about, Sirius."

He chuckled, "Always the stoic, Ly."

"You know me," she winked.

"But honestly Sirius, it's all good, I swear," she smiled genuinely at him, "I know we had the pact and all, but it doesn't matter, you're safe that's all that matters to me really."

He tackled her into a hug again, she hugged back but when he pulled away she said, "you big ol' sap."

"Shut up, Lyra."

"Good comeback, sapster."