13| "im an expert in not getting into trouble"

JAMES POTTER WAS LYING on his bed, spread out like a starfish, contemplating his life - most specifically the raven-haired girl he couldn't get enough of. It wasn't his fault, she was so pretty, it was unbelievable.

But his train of thought was interrupted when Sirius ran in, throwing himself onto James' bed, and therefore James, as it was only a twin-sized bed.

James made a sort of groan, sort of sigh sound, while Sirius yelled, "Hey, Prongs!"

"Hi," he replied, "you're squishing me a bit."

Sirius moved over a bit, "Oops, sorry, my dear friend."

"What were you thinking about?" Sirius asked, settling down into James' shoulder.

"Nothing much," James shrugged, to which Sirius whined at because it was 'disrupting' his comfortable position.

Sirius smirked, "Not about Evans?"

"No, not about Evans," James shook his head.

"What do you mean not Evans? Since when don't you think about Evans?" Sirius exclaimed, rather loudly.

"For quite a while, Pads, when was the last time you saw me talk to her?"

"Oh. My. God. No more Evans?" Sirius exclaimed again.

"No," James shook his head again.

"Gosh, I must have been under a pebble this whole time," Sirius chuckled, "who's your new lover then?"

"No one," he shrugged again, Sirius whined again.

Sirius then sighed, "You're so boring."

"What's your love life like then?" James challenged, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Quite interesting, if I do say so myself."

"Go on, then," he prompted.

James sat up, so Sirius was forced to as well. He whined again, "I was comfy, Prongs!"

"Tell me about your love life."

"Tell me about Lyra."

"No."

"I knew it!" Sirius cried, pumping his arm into the air.

James' eyes widened, "I never said anything! We're not together!"

Sirius smirked.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Am I not the best secret keeper ever?" James countered.

"I like someone."

"I knew it!" James copied Sirius' previous actions and fist pumped the air.

"Who is it?!"

"I won't tell you."

"Yes, you will."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes. I can go on forever, Pads."

"Okay, okay," Sirius paused for a moment, as if hesitating, "you have to guess! I can't say."

"Oh, just tell me," James was whining now.

"No."

"I'll give you a clue," Sirius nodded to himself, "he likes books."

"That doesn't really narrow it down," James shrugged.