07 | "youre dead potter so dead"

THIRD OF NOVEMBER— aka Lyra's and Sirius' birthday. Lyra was ecstatic about it.  Sirius was also extremely excited. He knew his friends had planned some massive party for him, which was bound to be a nothing less of a great time.

Lyra was feeling pretty uneasy with eating in the Great Hall because she knew her brother's friends probably had some elaborate birthday surprise like they always did.

Apparently, Evelyn was thinking the exact same thing; "I don't like this, what are they going to do?"

"I was about to ask you the same—" Lyra started but she was cut off by her twin's shrieks of "HOLY SHIT!"

The lights all turned out suddenly— all except a light focused on Sirius.

"Oh God."

The flash of sandy-brown hair, chocolate-brown and blonde were seen as Remus, James and Peter tipped different icky substances on top of their friend.

"JAMES! REMUS!" Sirius shouted as another layer of glitter was dumped on his head. That would not come out for weeks.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Three lights shone down on the three boys suddenly.

They then started singing Dancing Queen by ABBA into their wands, which had probably been charmed to amplify their voices.

Lyra hadn't realised before but James had no top on. She allowed her eyes to dart down to his toned abdomen. Lyra couldn't take her eyes off him. She knew she shouldn't though— her teasing was simply teasing, that's it.

When Lyra finally shook out of her daze, she flicked her eyes back up, but James noticed she was staring and sent her a wink. But Lyra too could play that game, she waited till he was looking at her again (which didn't take long) winked back at him before letting her eyes obviously look him up and down and raising her eyebrows in approval, all with a smirk.

"Oh. My. God," Evelyn gaped, "Potter's ripped."

"Stop staring, Evy."

"But look?!" Evelyn hissed back.

"Yes, I know. I'm looking," Lyra laughed.

Evelyn then began continuously tapping Lyra's arm. "What do you want?"

"Potter is staring at you, like directly at you," Evelyn nudged Lyra to look at the boy. They were still singing as Lyra looked.

As she met James' gaze again, she smirked up at him. James just sent her a charming smile while running through his hair.

"Are you eye-fucking with Potter?!"

"What? No, of course not!" Lyra hissed.

"But— shit, they're coming over."

Lyra didn't have time to answer as the boys approached them very quickly. Well, James, Remus and Peter, Sirius was just trailing behind them, all sticky and gooey.

"Happy Birthday, Lyra!"

Lyra had pulled the closest person to her, in front of her, to shield herself from whatever was about to hit her. That particular person happened to be Regulus, who was surprised when a pile of green gloop slopped on top of him.

She took a step back, a hand over her mouth to muffle her laughter. However, Sirius could audibly be heard laughing, along with plenty of other people.

"Oh merlin, Reg. I'm sorry— I didn't mean to!" Lyra cried, putting the hand back over her mouth.

Regulus glared at her, "I— you're lucky it's your birthday!"