16 | "dont be a buzzkill lupin"

(warning: mild before sex thing, idk what to call it, it's nothing very detailed)

RAIN WAS HARSHLY HITTING against everything; windows, the ground, roofs. The trees were rustling with the wind, creating a sort of music as they swayed. Puddles were gathering on the cobblestone ground. Everyone had gathered inside and the remaining people outside were running to get in quickly.

However, Lyra didn't really care. She loved the rain and she had no lessons, so why should she not go in it?

"What in the Merlin, Lyra?!" Evelyn cried, pushing her already-wet hair out of her face.

"You're such a freak," Evan laughed.

Lyra wasn't quite sure how to react, so she stood still, a bit dumbfounded.

Sirius ran out towards her, spinning as he did. She grinned, happy her brother was there. Lyra watched as Evan and Evelyn laughed before stalking away.

"Come on, guys!" Sirius yelled to his friends, everyone else had moved further into the castle to a warmer, dryer area whereas Sirius' friends had stuck with him.

"The rain is cold and wet!" Remus yelled back.

"Sure," Peter shrugged, "come on, Prongs!"

"No, I agree with Moony," he replied.

Peter just grabbed his wrist, and managed to drag James into the rain, with Sirius' help.

"Haha, see, Prongs, this is fun!" Peter laughed, splashing in a puddle.

Lyra splashing into a puddle nearby, making the water splash up James' leg. When Lyra had her back turned to him, he kicked a large puddle of water, splatting water all up her back.

"Potter! You dickhead!"

Remus still hadn't emerged from the shelter, staying safely dry. But Sirius had other ideas.

"For me, Moony. Please, you'll be my favourite person ever," Sirius pleaded, pouting to add effect — well, what he thought would affect Remus, which it did. Remus' heart nearly melted into a puddle right then and there. He didn't let anyone see though.

"Oh, c'mon, Lupin. Don't be a joy— erm, j- buzzkill! Don't be a buzzkill, Lupin!" Lyra yelled, James and Peter just laughed.

"Fine," Remus huffed, letting Sirius drag him into the rain.

The group immediately started splashing about, absolutely soaking each other. Lyra was running after Peter and James, trying to kick water at them.

While James was distracted, she conjured some water using her wand and splashed it straight down on his head.

"Bloody hell!" he yelped. "Black!"

"I was only getting you back," Lyra smirked, "why don't you make me pay for it?"

"Y'know like in bed," she grinned.

He smirked, "Your wish is my command, darling."

Lyra laughed before sprinting off down the courtyard. Unfortunately, James was much faster than her and was able to easily catch up with Lyra. He then splashed water down on her head, like she did with him.

"You're on, Potter, you're on!"

"We're all gonna get sick," Remus spoke.

They all turned their head to the sandy-haired boy, glaring at him. He put his hands up, mocking surrender. "What? It's just the truth!"

"He is right," Peter sighed, "I guess we should go in."

"Probably," Sirius agreed.

As the group of six descended away from the courtyard, Lyra grabbed James' arm and stole him away from the others. She pulled him behind a wall, hoping no one could see them as Lyra stood on her tip-toes and crashed her lips on his.

James was slightly taken aback at first, before he leaned closer to her, pulling her in. Lyra smirked into the kiss, placing one hand on the nape of his neck and the other laced in his hair.

"What's this for?" he murmured against his lips.

"You need to get me back for splashing you," she whispered back.

He smirked, "Oh, I see, yes, Yes, I do."

James continued to kiss her but slipped his hand under her top, running it up and down her back, before then slipping it into her skirt, reaching towards her bum, "Like this?"

She just hummed against his lips.

"Potter?"

"Hm?"

He turned his head to look at her. Lyra's chest rising and falling as she took deep breaths, trying to catch her breath. She really was beautiful, like something from the Gods. It was like they made her and spat her down to Earth, so everyone could worship the ground she walked on. Well, James thinks they should. She was truly the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

"Are you secretly a sex god? Are you just not telling me?"

He laughed, pulling her to his chest, pulling the duvet over the pair of them.

"I must be, honestly," he smirked.

"I agree," she mumbled, her breathing still uneven.

James ran his hand up and down her arm. "I like this too," James whispered.

"You shouldn't," she yawned.

"Neither should you," James reminded her.

She shook her head, but he could see the smile on her lips, "Shhh, stop talking, Potter."

He pressed a kiss against her forehead, and she looked up, pressing her lips against his, pulling him closer to her. She slowly moved over so she was more on top of him, kissing him firmly.

He moved his kisses down her jaw and neck, gripping her waist tightly with one hand and the other was tangled in her hair. James adjusted so Lyra was under him, rather than the other way around. His hand fiddled with the waistband of her pants, causing the familiar sensation to build up in her stomach.

"I just put them back on, Potter," she told him.

"I can stop if you want," he teased, moving both his hands away from her.

"Please don't," she shook her head.

And as he pressed his lips against her, she smiled.