20 | "hello black"

SLUGHORN'S BIRTHDAY, AND of course he was having a party. He invited all his favourite students and told them to invite a guest, making the party as big as possible. Because what else would Slughorn do?

Lyra hadn't invited anyone, not bothering as she didn't want to invite anyone. Evan, Evelyn and Regulus had been invited, so who else would she invite? Her mind did cross inviting James, claiming because she tutored him potions but then rethought it and realised how stupid it was.

Evelyn on the other hand had invited a Slytherin called Elias Miller. He was a bit of a prat, but Lyra wouldn't say that aloud to Evelyn. She didn't want any more unnecessary arguments.

"I look great," Evelyn grinned.

"Yeah," Lyra nodded.

"Could be a bit nicer about it," Evelyn muttered.

Lyra just rolled her eyes.

"Well, hello, ladies," a voice called, drawing the two girls attention to him. Lyra recognised it straight away.

"Prongs!" Sirius cried after, "that's my sister!"

"Why do you always say that, Pads?" Remus laughed, "he does it anyway."

"Did you guys invite anyone?" Peter asked, James' arm around him.

"Me."

They all turned to see Elias Miller smirking at them, his usual carefree attitude radiating off him.

"You look delightful tonight, girls," he slithered his arms around both Lyra and Evelyn.

Lyra's body obviously tensed whereas Evelyn moved closer, smiling up at boy. Lyra's smile dropped and a blank, slightly resentful look took over her face.

"Let's go in!" James said quickly.

"Yeah, c'mon, Lyra-loo," Sirius quickly wrapped his own arm around Lyra's shoulder, "let's leave the lovebirds be."

The party was dull, as expected. Lyra was now just standing around, occasionally talking to a random -most likely rich- person. She had been bored for a long time now.

"Hello, Black."

She turned to the familiar voice, a already gracing her lips. "Hi, Potter."

"You look awfully bored. I say we get out of here?" he questioned quietly, a smirk also finding its way to his lips, making sure no one around them could hear.

Lyra nodded gratefully, following him out of the party.

"My dorm or yours?" Lyra asked, smirking, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

"Mine," James whispered, placing a kiss against her lips softly. Lyra leaned up and pressed another kiss against his lips, a little more heat involved.

"Let's go."

Somehow the couple had kept their hands off each other as they walked to James' dormitory. When they got to James' dorm, he shut the door behind him softly (not forgetting to put a tie on his door, just in case and so that Sirius wouldn't walk in on them.)