First Game, Interviews, and Shopping

Our first game was against Trinidad and Tobago. We won 9-2. I scored 4 goals. "Alright! Way to go! That wasn't a game, that was a statement, " Dad said as we all celebrated. "How does it feel to be playing again?" Adam asks. "It feels amazing. I'm so happy to be playing with you guys again, " I say hugging him. Guy hugs me so I hug him back. "I had to come to congratulate my sister!" he yells over the noise while I hug Connie and Julie. "Thanks, bro, " I say grinning as we walk into the locker room. I'm so proud of us so far. "Guys we have an interview all together. So hurry up showering and changing, " my dad announces. I just nod and run to the showers. After my shower, I get out and go to the main locker room. "Is everyone decent?" I ask before stepping out. "Yes, " Charlie hollers back. I walk out wearing my USA tracksuit. "Why did you holler like that?" Dean asks. "Because one time in peewees I didn't and I saw something that almost made me go blind, " I say dramatically. "What did you see?" "A naked Charlie Conway, " I say as I act like I'm throwing up. Dean dies laughing while Charlie turns bright red. Guy overheard and started laughing too. "I remember that. She came running out while screaming at the top of her lungs that she was going to have to rip out her eyes, " Fulton says laughing. Connie nods her head remembering. "We couldn't look each other in the eye for weeks. I would die of embarrassment and she would die of laughter, " Charlie says. Adam comes out in a towel. "What happened?" Adam asks because we all started laughing again. "I was telling them about the time I walked in on Charlie naked in the locker room, " I say. He just nods. I turn around as he starts to get dressed. "You can look now, " he says and I turn back around. We leave soon after. We walk onto the podium. I zoned out until I saw a huge bear come running on the stage. "What in the holy hell is that?" I ask Adam. "It's the Hendrix bear, " Adam says laughing. I just shrug as a lady stands up. "Team USA, how does it feel competing on an international level, here in Los Angeles?" she asks. My dad hesitates so we all step in and give our answers. My dad just smiles. Another reporter stands up and asks, "Coach Bombay, the Vikings from Iceland are the heavy favorite. Their coach has already guaranteed victory. How are going to handle them?" I just raise my eyebrows while looking up at Adam. "Um, hard work, I think our team is ready to go up against the best in the world. We're not worried about them. Iceland may be tough, but um, we're Team USA and we're going all the way, " he finally answers. I notice the Iceland team. "Team USA is going down. That's where they're going. See you on the ice Bombay, " He shouts. My dad is arguing with Tibbles. Charlie is trying to reassure Kenny. While everyone else is talking amongst themselves.
         "Oh yeah, guys tonight we have dinner with the rest of the teams. It's tuxes and ball gowns. Nothing less. Hendrix is paying for it. We are going back to the hotel so you can get ready to go shopping, " my Dad explains. I groan loudly while Julie and Connie squeal. I notice this caused the Iceland team to look over at us. "Why did you do that?" Tibbles asks. "I hate dresses and shopping. I could be practicing but no I have to go shopping, " I say angrily. "You're a girl. Girls like shopping." "Well I'm different, " I growl. Adam throws his arm around me as we walk around the Iceland team to get to the bus. They all start snickering when they see me, Connie, and Julie. I roll my eyes and resist the urge to flip them off. We all get on the bus. I sit next to Adam and Jesse. I lay my head in Adam and drift off to sleep for a few minutes. "Baby, baby girl. You have to wake up, " Adam whispers. I sit up and see that we are at the hotel.
        We get off the bus and walk to our rooms. "Come on Waylon. Let's go ahead and start walking to the stores. Coach sent me the details. The boys have to wear a tux and we have to wear long ball gowns or prom dresses. It's fancy, " Connie tells us. We pass the boys on the way out. "Where are you going?" Luis asks. "Shopping for tonight, " I say. They all nod. We go to several different stores before we all finally find our dresses and shoes. We rush back to the hotel to get ready.