//𝖔.1//

chapter one;

chapter one;

"MM...KURO, CAN WE GO OVER THERE?", little four year-old youko asked.

the little girl looked up at the misty man, who just nodded.

youko, since the age that she started being able to talk, understood that she was just another person that was to be fed at the castle.

     according to kurogiri, her birth mother died, and her father was busy.

     the black-haired girl ran over to another part of her small garden as she started plucking flowers and making it into a flower crown.

     youko didn't hate her life or anything. she was grateful that she wasn't starving and had clothes to wear. on top of that, kurogiri always made sure she slept well and didn't lack anything in particular.

     the girl was like a wallpaper; there, but unnoticed.

     "princess, would you like some snacks? I've made your favorite cookies", kurogiri offered.

     "oh, yes please!!", the girl smiled as she watched kurogiri leave.

     kurogiri swiftly left as he knew youko was an obedient child. she wouldn't go anywhere, as he had instructed her that the safest place was her little room and garden.

     "man, it's so hard to find victims these days", a female voice suddenly said, making youko flinch.

for all the little girl knew, no one except kurogiri knew of this place.

"that's because they're all scared. you're a scary woman!!", another voice said.

     youko's curiosity perked up as she wondered whether those people were like kurogiri: mists.

     gathering up all her courage, the young girl tip-toed towards a nearby bush, peeking through some leaves as she accidentally stepped on a branch.

     "oh? seems like someone wants to die today~", the female voice giggled as she swiftly plucked her knife from inside her pocket and aimed it at youko.

     the little girl choked as she watched a small black hole appear in front of her, causing the knife to drop beside the female who had thrown it.

     "huh? kurogiri?"

     "what are you two doing here?", the mist man sternly inquired as he walked over with a platter of star-shaped cookies on his other hand.