19- Police

After I was released from the hospital with handfuls of papers explaining how to take care of my severe burns, along with medication and creams to help the healing, I was sent straight to the sheriffs office for questioning. Apparently they did that with all of the survivors, but that fact didn't calm my nerves one bit.

So here I sat, leg shaking as the interrogator stared me down. I know he didn't mean to be so intimidating, but the scar on his cheek didn't make him look friendly.

"Do you know who Kellin Bostwick is, sir?" He asked, diving straight into the questions. My teeth clenched at the mention of his name.

"Isn't he dead?" I played it off, trying to keep my cool.

"He supposedly died 30 years ago, yes." My eyes widened. 30 years ago? But I thought...

Well you thought wrong. I've been dead for 30 years, Victor.

I swallowed very loudly.

"No I don't." I lied. "I mean- I know of him, but I'm only 17. He died before I was even born."

"That's the thing, Vic. Everyone that was at this party came into this room and claimed that they saw the face of the dead Kellin Bostwick. Did you see anything different?" My fingers tapped along the desk.

"I didn't see anything. I was um, upstairs. Yeah, I was upstairs socializing. Then the house was on fire." Sweat lined my forehead with each lie I told.

"We never found Kellin Quinn's body. After he was murdered, searchers went out and tried to look for it, but they hit a brick wall every time." The officer said. I bit my lip.

"But everyone says that they saw the face of 15 year old Kellin, not 45 year old." He sighed. Now I know he wasn't talking to me, he was just frustrated at the lack of evidence he was getting.

"Sorry man, It was like any other day. I don't associate myself with Kellin Quinn and I didn't even know he was planning anything like that." I said. The officer nodded and let me go.

So many lies were told, but so many more secrets needed to be found.

AUTHORS NOTE

Guys I know this is confusing right now but maybe the next chapter will help out.

Basically Kellin has been dead for 30 years. He did not kill himself, he was murdered. He lived in a shack with his mom and dad who were both killed. Then he was murdered himself when he was 15.

People at the party are seeing Kellin's face, not Vic's.

The police never found Kellin's body, and that's a problem.

If you have any trouble understanding, please comment questions. This story has a lot of plot twist.