~𝟚𝟟~

FIFTEEN HOURS

     That buffet looked like sugar rush heaven but if I must only choose one delight...

     You walk back to the room, noticing the other early birds making their way through the halls. Your hands held a take-out bag. The food surprisingly looked more appetizing than expected. But then again, the luxury from the rooms alone can be enough to convince anyone. Perhaps it's just my heavy judgement.

     There still was no peep from Illumi and neither are you bothered to know why. He can handle himself and so can you at this very moment. Although the odds of Hisoka sparking out again are at a high. Okay... maybe not so good on my end.

     The room immediately smelled of citric products and looked almost polished. He was laying on his side, most likely getting taken over by the pain. As you set the food down on a coffee table by the bed, you trickle your fingers on his marks. They've become so much more — obtrusive. They felt like overly grown veins and looked like them too. It's like there's some type of slithering creatures crawling inside that can make anyone want to immediately bulge their eyes out. But under all these horrendous marks, there lies a talented magician who has a bigger heart than you thought.

     Sure, he's just as crazy as you. But you've began to realize it's almost destined that your paths would cross eventually. It's better to be a realist rather than ignoring the hints. Even at his genuine smiles and laughs he makes you want to do the same. This feeling of affection, for someone like me? How much more perfect can it be? But there's still something that's always trying to dig it's way back up. It screams at you everytime you think about it too. Who would want something like this in their life? There's more than just sex? The feeling of feelings seem to have been what I've been missing and it took that exam to realize it.

     The missing piece was simply to feel.

     Hisoka snaps you out of your thoughts, "~What is it? You're staring, dear.~ ♥" It's true. Your hand was all over his arms. He was now attempting to sit up, probably rejecting the fact that the pain is no longer so easy to hide. "~I know I look different but that shouldn't be something to be so worried about.~ ♥"

     "I worry if I want. Is it not enough that I'm feeding you...?" You open the packages and grab a piece of Chinese style fried chicken. You wave it over his mouth and he smiles as he takes a bite. He purposefully leaves another chunk on your fingers grip. Hu?

     "~This reminds me of that dinner we had. I haven't had a chance to take you out again.~ ♥" He swallows and takes the remaining chicken, lightly biting your finger in the process. So this was his plan? You chuckle.

     "You can't hold back even for a second?" You take several bites from the other pieces. You're starving.

     "~Never.~ ♥"

     "I don't blame you. The act I would put on to satisfy myself as 'normal' would probably be what kills me." You sit on a cushion by the small coffee table. He pulls a cushion from the side of the nightstand and accompanies you. This is his normal. Fake it until you make it. You hand him an egg roll.

     "~What about you? I don't think you've been so 'normal' either...~ ♥" He chews on the roll as he smiles in between. Has he noticed too much? Well, I have been taking care of him too much. Damn.

     "You have me showering, changing and feeding you. You're a child but I guess the only one I'll allow in my life." You respond. The sentences you keep spilling are your white thoughts. All the noise in your head that speak faster than you can digest but maybe it's better to be true to yourself.