Chapter 8: Tinkerbell and Crew

Keeley's POV

"So who's house are we getting ready at?" Aubrey squeals from beside me. A smile is spread across her freckled face as she tugs at the hem of her sweater.

It's now Friday, and must I say, it's actually been a pretty decent week. Luca and I have been getting closer the past couple of days and I haven't had any nightmares since Tuesday. Alex, Xavier, Aubrey, and I hung out on Wednesday and it was really nice to just relax and feel like a normal teen for once.

We're at our lunch table right now and Aubrey is super excited about the football game tonight.

"What do you mean by get ready?" I grimace while biting into my stale piece of pizza.

"Seriously? It's Halloween night, Keeley. That means we all dress up for the game and the party afterward."

"After party? I thought we were having a sleepover?" I look at her with confusion written all over my face.

"Please, Keels. Live a little. I already got you a costume," she tells me while sipping her water. My eyes go wide and I can hear both Xavier and Alex snickering from across the table.

"I'm not dressing up," I say as I stare at her.

"You aren't winning this one, TaterTot. If I have to dress up, so do you." Xavier's eyebrows are squished in discomfort as he looks down at his now-empty tray. I push my plate towards him and a smile immediately appears on his handsome face.

"You're making them wear costumes?" I ask in disbelief. A smug look crosses her face as she shrugs her shoulders.

"We're doing a group costume! It's going to be cute," she says with trouble laced throughout her voice.

"Oh, this ought to be good," Alex mumbles while pulling his jacket tighter around him.

I hesitantly turn to Aubrey, slightly afraid of what I'm about to ask. "What are we dressing as?"

***

"You've got to be kidding me," I mumble as I stare at the costumes on my bed. Aubrey's laugh drowns out my thoughts as I turn to her.

"What? I think it's cute and it totally suits you!" She gestures wildly to the sparkly green dress situated into a pile on my comforter. Tinkerbell. She wants me to dress as fucking Tinkerbell.

"Do I look like the fairy type to you?" I ask while motioning to my baggy jeans and t-shirt.

"Come on, it'll be fu-un." Her eyebrows do a weird wiggly thing as she picks up the dress and hands it to me. "Please, you've never celebrated Halloween and I just want you to experience it. And if you won't do it for yourself, do it for me?" she begs with puppy eyes.

I stare at her for just a minute before sighing and taking the dress. She squeals and jumps up and down as the both of us make our way into my bathroom to get ready.

***

"Keeley, I'm not gonna lie, you make Tinkerbell hella hot." Aubrey eyes me up and down in the mirror and I follow her gaze.

" Aubrey eyes me up and down in the mirror and I follow her gaze