Chapter 9: Ms. Stab-Happy

Nick's POV

"So... I don't really know what to say after that," my father murmurs while rubbing the back of his neck. His suit jacket had long been abandoned and every so often I would see him tug at his collar.

"She's scary. I mean, Luca is the best hand-to-hand fighter and assassin I have, yet Keeley, my Tigrotta, held her own and maintained the upper hand. Not many people can handle one of Luca's knockout punches, but she handled three of them. Dom, I don't know how you would feel about this," Stefano spoke while turning to face my father, "but what if they did a few assignments together?"

My brothers, as well as the Moretti's, turned to face Dad. I couldn't tell what was going on in his mind as it was guarded by a thick wall of stone.

"I need a drink. Giovanni, Nick, go check on the two lovebirds, yeah?" He walked off with Stefano while rubbing his temples. I can't remember a time where he has ever looked so confused.

"I hate to say it," Finn began while running a hand through his hair, "they really would make a good team."

"I've never seen Luca lose, so I'll have to agree with you there," Matteo spoke quietly. Callan let out what I'm assuming to be an approving grumble while sitting his large frame in one of the tiny chairs in the living room.

"What do you both think? Ya know, as the heirs to the mafia and stuff," Sam asked.

"It couldn't hurt, but at the same time, I just- I just don't know." Gio looked about just as perplexed as I was. Hell, I did not want my baby sister to go on assignments as is, much less with only a partner and not a team. I trusted Luca, I do, I see the way he looks at Keeley. He would give anything for her, but when somebody cares for someone that much, it's easy to forget the plan and do your own thing to keep them safe. Of course, I want her to be safe, but I can't have the mission and safety or everyone else jeopardized.

"Let's just go check on them," I mumble while leading Giovanni away. Neither of us speaks as we walk up the stairs.

"Five bucks says they're together," he smirks at me.

"Why would they be together?" I ask while facing him. His dark eyebrows raise in amusement while he stuffs his hands in his sweatpant pockets.

It's only been about an hour since they went upstairs. The rest of us had stayed in the gym and had cleaned in silence till only a few minutes ago.

"You'd have to be blind to not see how they look at each other. Hell, we've come home and they have looked awfully comfortable in one another's company." He laughs as he looks at my face which I'm sure is showing how annoyed I am. 

I'm well aware of how acquainted the two are becoming. On more than one occasion I have had to tell them to detangle themselves from each other. I know Keeley can make her own decisions, but she doesn't need a boy distracting her.

"Don't remind me," I groan. We start walking down the hallway and pause when we hear the TV from Luca's room. I give a look to Gio and he gently nods his head. I slowly twist the handle and push the door till both of us can see in.

I take out my wallet and hand the Italian five dollars as we look at our younger siblings. Luca is on his side, shirtless might I add, and Keeley was using him as a pillow. Her blonde head was laid on his bicep, close to the crook of his neck, and her legs were tangled with his. She was wearing way too short of shorts with a t-shirt that had risen up. One of Keeley's hands was resting on his chest and his free one was dangerously low on her back.

"Those scars make me want to vomit," Giovanni spoke lowly. I looked back at her and I couldn't agree more. Some were longer than others and some were darker, and I couldn't tell what caused them. But the long, flat, and dark scars that went diagonally across her back: I knew those. I'd given those marks to people. Those clean, smooth scars were caused by a whip, and oh how I would love to kill the fucker who did that to her.