𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 - 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚢

𝗪hat

𝗪hat. The. Fuck.

As I looked at those eyes, I was pulled back to the summer. The nights spent walking the streets. The days spent with us laughing as if nothing was happening. The mornings spent with sweat, yearning, and him escaping my grasp.

But I shouldn't remember that. I forced myself to smile at him and reach my hand out. His eyes trailed down it and he licked his lips. Biting down on said lip, he connected our hands in an innocent handshake.

This time, it wasn't outdated. It had no date because in that moment, we existed outside of time itself. August and I were once nothing and everything. And this thought started to let memories seep into our outside of time selves.

Flashes of the time we went to my first carnival. Or when he had held my hand the night my parents hurt me. When we were in my bed as he made my body quiver in lust and he held not just my hand but my body.

Along with my heart and soul.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Elly, really Elyse but I prefer Elly."

"August, really Augustine but I prefer August." he mocked as he slowly let go of my hand.

"So, what are we doing today? Any ideas?" Hattie asked with an excited look on her face.

"Not that I can think of. But it has to be something that we can include Elly with, since she's only eighteen she can't go to clubs with you guys."

I laughed at Delicia's comment. Rather, Dee's comment since she preferred her nickname as well. Did people think that since I was technically underage I couldn't do things? My laugh made them all look at me.

"I'm sure I could get in just about anywhere."

"And how would you achieve that?" August asked as he slid his hand in his pocket.

"I have ways."

"Are you free tonight then? Not like that of course but I-I'm gonna stop talking," Smith said with a blush.

"It's fine. Plus, I can't tonight. Really busy," I answered.

Really busy getting money for a simple task.

"Oh, then tomorrow?"

"Yeah, most likely. That's if I'm not tired," I laughed at my double-sided meaning.

For them, I was merely a little girl who had broken out of her parents' hold. I was as innocent as they could see, all except August who had seen it all. He knew the nastiness I could consume myself in. He knew how the darkest pits of my soul worked but he never cared to help me figure it out.

"Should we get going? We have that doctor's appointment," Dee asked August with a small smile as she fiddled with his free hand.

His eyes had remained on me. The entire time we stood in the small circle, I hadn't felt his eyes stray far. I didn't like how my heart started to float with the butterflies filling my stomach. He always did have a way of making me feel as if I could fly above my problems.