𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 - 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚢

𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎

"I hope you know, we never wanted you!"

I whimpered as she threw me to the floor. My side collided with the coffee table. The sudden shock of the throw had made the pain nonexistent.

"What did I do? I just asked-"

"You aren't going with us to the lodge this winter. You are staying at home when we go. We never wanted you. Ever." my mother scoffed as she turned around.

"But I-"

I didn't understand. For the past nine years, my parents treated me differently but they never laid a hand on me. What was different this time?

"You'll be ten soon. We don't have to care for you anymore."

I sobbed as the pain from the toss and her words struck me. My mother never said those words before. She was rude and mean to me but she never told me she didn't want me. If she didn't want me, then why was I living with her?

"It hurts," I said with a whine.

"Oh dear God, hurry up! Your sister is here."

She rushed to get me up. Acting as if nothing happened, she brushed her hair behind her ears and then smiled. Walking to the front of the house, she unlocked the door and let Lea in.

But Lea knew. As soon as her matching brown eyes met mine, she dropped the bags. Rushing to me, I felt her grab me too hard on the side that was hurt. I knew she understood because her hold loosened.

"C'mon, let's go home."

"B-but I am home," I said through a tight throat.

"No, you aren't. Home is with me and Bryce." she retorted.

"Lea, you can have her. She's just a bother."

"We'll discuss this later, Mom."

Lea walked me away from the house and our mother. I hadn't understood it then but a few years later, I understood that I never had a home with them. They never gave me one, my sisters had.

 They never gave me one, my sisters had

"It's nothing! She just-"

"Uh-huh. She likes you, do you like her?" Angel asked.

I didn't know. Eighth grade was an awkward year. With my ex-parents and hatred filled sister, I didn't know if I could be with anyone. Almost everyone had gotten in a relationship but not me.

"I do but I'm not ready for that added stress. Plus, I'm sure she'll understand." I shrugged.

Angel shook her head before she slowed the car down. She sighed loudly as we looked at the ugly yellow suburban house. How had the neighbors not called the police with my screams?