𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜 - 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚛𝚜

"Ah! There they are, come on, put them in the washer, Max. Hey Smith, Elly," Dee said as soon as we stepped into the house.

My arms wrapped around my torso as the memories dwindled. I smiled at her before I hugged her. The tiny bump of her stomach placed against my own made the hug quick. I didn't want to feel that, be reminded of what I couldn't ever have.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Hattie and Arry are in the back. Auggie and Jay are in the living room. And you, Max, and Smith just got here." Dee answered before she walked to the kitchen.

"And you were....here?" I laughed as the food was laid out.

Cold cuts and chips were laid out. Since she was a soon-to-be mom, I figured that making tons of food was practice. I swallowed the pain as the thought resurfaced. Nothing could be fixed nor changed, I just had to deal.

"Yeah, boys didn't want to help and the girls are taking pictures. Figured someone would just get off their ass and come and help but I guess not," she said, speaking louder for a second for someone else to hear.

"I can help if you don't mind. I've made tons of sandwiches in my life, I'm practically a pro now."

"Oh, she makes B.A.S. sandwiches, they're the best!" Max said while walking in with the boys.

"Bass? Like fish?" Jay scrunched his nose.

"No, like bomb ass sandwiches. B.A.S." I shrugged.

When Lea had allowed me to live with her, I had created the sandwiches for family night. There was nothing better than sandwich nights, the only thing that had to be clean was the utensils. Those days were the best and I desperately wanted them back.

But I couldn't and never would.

"We should do that one night. What is it?" Smith asked as he sat at one of the chairs around the island.

"Tons of sandwich meats."

"But the best part, they don't taste as good without Elly's little love." Max smiled at me before laying a kiss on my temple.

The action had my throat clogging. Bryce used to do that while Lea said those words. I blushed as I playfully pushed him off and looked at the floor. Max always had a way of making me feel like a child again.

"My love can go a long way." I rolled my eyes.

When I looked away from the floor, I made contact with August's. Oh, how far I wished that love could've gone.

 Oh, how far I wished that love could've gone

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

- August -

Her love could go a long way. I remember her hugs, which held her love for me, encase me each time I went back to her. Almost every word I spoke to her when I returned had her complete attention. Never once had she turned me away from ignoring her when I left.