(Your Lovin) Bring It on Home to Me: A Songfic/Drabble

"What's that in the background?"

♪ If you ever change your mind,
About leaving, leaving me behind ♪

"C'mon now Toshi, you know this song," Noriko said from the other side of the phone, "Just listen to it."

Ever since Noriko moved back to the states, their phone calls had become a regular, almost-everyday thing. Today's phone call was going on two hours long, and while Noriko was busy working on a project for her job, Toshinori was on the other end reading one of his books.

Noriko's music was playing in the background when suddenly, Toshinori started to recognized some of the songs.

♪ Bring your sweet loving,
Bring it on home to me ♪

"Oh! I do remember this song." Though he lived in America for a good chunk of time, he'd only been familiar with the mainstream music. If not for her, there were so many genres and songs he would have missed out on.

"My parents used to dance to his music all the time," She told Toshi the first time she played one of her favorite oldie's songs for him. It was in his penthouse where she took his hands and showed him the smooth, two-step rocking movement that went with the song.

♪ I know I laughed when you left,
But now I know I only hurt myself ♪

Toshinori found it ironic how much it applied to their current situation. He missed his girl like hell, but there wasn't much that could be done about it. When she first left he'd come so close to crying, but she'd done enough crying for the both of them just before her departure.

"I have an idea!" She said, interrupting his inner monologue. "Stand up!" There was shuffling on her end of the line.

"Stand up?"

"Yes!" She huffed.

He stood up.

"Okay, now what?"

"Close your eyes."

"Huh? Wh-"

Noriko huffed again. "Just do it Toshi."

He didn't see where this was going but he did as he was told (better to just do it than to say no to a Murata woman).

"Now, imagine the music... imagine that I'm there with you... and just dance."

♪ You know I'll always be your slave,
'Til I'm buried, buried in my grave ♪

Toshi was just about to complain when the sounds of humming stopped his woes. The humming varied in loudness on some parts, and he imagined Noriko was probably spinning lazily around in her bedroom.

"Are you doing it?" She asked, her voice sounding some distance away from the phone.

At first, he didn't know where to start, but soon, the music took over his mind and her soft sighs and giggles fuelled his imagination from over the phone.

Noriko's head was lying on his chest and her body was pressed to his. Their hands were outstretched and she was laughing like crazy while he dipped her and teased her with his flirtations.

He sighed, trying to keep a reign on his longing for Noriko.

He really missed his girl.

♪ Bring your sweet loving,
Bring it on home to me ♪