The explanation

Allisa POV
I let go of Alex hand before
Fully entering the classroom to talk to the teacher at his desk, I notice Alex just stood there frozen. So I signal him with my eyes to enter. He follows me to the teachers desk.

"Good morning mr. kennel!" I say
"Good morning allisa" he says.
"Mr. kennel I wanted to apologize for being late to class, mr.Ben wanted me to walk with alex here since we both had the same 2nd period, that's why we are a little late. I'm sorry" I say
"Hmm. No problem allisa I understand you can go take your seats now." Mr kennel says.

I walk away totally forgetting that alex is still standing near mr.kennel's desk. I roll my eyes in frustration. And walk back to where he is "are you just gonna stand there or what?!" I say. He doesn't respond. The tension is awkward. He's just staring at me with a bright pink blush. After a minute I speak up and say, "just follow me". Which he obeys i look for an empty seat and tell him to sit there. I was about to walk away when he grabs my hand "do you... maybe think Its okay I sit near you" I blush bright pink. Trying not to make it obvious I turn back around and say fine.

We walk back together to my desk, and I tell him to sit next to me. "Who's your boyfriend" Kylie says. As she turns her gaze and winks at alex making him uncomfortable.