•Chapter Eight• Hot mess...

Kimberly's pov -

My head pocking out of the white wooden door, was the only thing Derick could see. Luca was to the left of me, completely out of view...yet I could still feel his eyes burning holes into my side profile.

"Hey Kim, sorry for the unexpected visit" A small chuckle slipped from Derick's thin lips as he trailed a hand over his blonde curly locks.

"I was visiting Paul..." His long finger pointed down the hallway.

Paul is Derick's older brother, after a quick conversation in work one day, he ended up speaking about how his brother lived in the Ringo apartment block, I of course went on to tell him that I also lived in those. Ever since, Derick has always been sure to wave me a hello in the hallway, when he would be coming to his brother's and I would either be leaving or just arriving home.

"Thought I would knock on your door why I was here, I'm not interrupting anything am I?" He flashed a smile, showing of his straight white teeth.

My mouth opened, but the words on the tip of my tongue where cut short when the deep Italian accent took over. "Actually, yes" His hand pulled open the door, now allowing Derick to see him.

Derick's ocean blue eyes scanned Luca's tall build and for a moment they seemed to have a stare battle, both of them almost questioning each other's intentions, before Derick's eyes landed back on me. "I see, catch up at work tomorrow morning instead then?" He sent me a uneven smile and I instantly frowned.

"Don't be silly, you can come inside for a drink if you-" I started but was suddenly cut off again, my head snapping to Luca's moving lips.

"No he can't, we are busy" His hard gaze stayed on Derick the whole time making my eyes instantly roll at his bluntness.

"It's fine Kim" Derick let out a breathy laugh, his eyes trained on me. "See you tomorrow" His hand raised to send me a quick wave.

I nodded, followed by an apologetic smile as I watched him walk down the hallway. As soon as he disappeared, I slammed my door shut, sparing Luca a glare in the process.

"Did you have to be so rude?" My arms folded across my chest, my feet making there way towards the kitchen.

When he didn't reply, I stopped in my tracks. My petite body turned to face him, now resting my back against the kitchen counter. "Well?" I pushed, watching as his eyes flickered to mine.

He began taking slow strides towards me, each step of his making my heart flip in my chest.

Why does he have to be so sexy?

"Luca, how am I supposed to help you when you won't talk to me?"

"Do you even know why I've asked for your help, Kimberly?" He almost whispered, now only three steps away from me.

"Because you want to change, you want-"

"You. I want you" He cut me off making my breath hitch. He was now so close to me, I could feel the warmth radiating from his body.

"You see, I picked at my brain after you ran of and told me to leave you alone..." He paused for a moment. I took a small advantage of that few seconds of pin drop silence, to admire his perfect sculptured face.

"Kimberly, I have all the power in the world, yet I don't have the power nor the energy to stay away from you" His words dripped with meaning, making the pit of my stomach swarm with butterflies.

"I don't believe I am good enough for you, but the thought of any other man near you...makes me very uneasy" His large hands landed on my hips, lifting me like I weighed absolutely nothing. A strange sound left my lips as he placed me on the cold kitchen counter, his body resting between my legs.

"Luca..." I started, but he just shook his head.

"I want to be the only one to explore your soft skin" His fingers slipped up the bottom on my pink shirt, gently running his warm finger tips along my stomach.

"A woman like you, should treasured..." My eyes fluttered closed as his lips skimmed my neck, pecking it ever so slowly. "Every second of everyday" He placed small wet kisses along my jawline then up my cheek, before stopping right at the corner of my red glossy lips, teasing me.

Half of me was screaming for him to kiss me, to claim my lips. Then another part of me was telling myself to shut up and that I hardly know him...

How can something feel so right and so wrong at the same time?

He leaned back, his eyes trained on my parted lips, before they flickered back up to my brown lust filled and very confused eyes.

"Buona notte, bella" And with that he pushed away from me, turning around and walking towards the exit. I sat in shock, my breathing heavy as I watched him close my apartment door behind him. [Goodnight, beautiful]

What the hell just happened.

•••

Sorry guys I know it's only a short chapter :( Next chapter will be a lot more action packed I promise!! See you then🍓🧸

Next chapter will be a lot more action packed I promise!! See you then🍓🧸

Quick reminder ~ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL🦄