The Grouchy Grinch Amongst 1-A | Kirishima

Could it be the crisp, winter air?
The trees losing its leaves and petals?
The wind leaving our faces red?
I don't know.
But Christmas is arriving soon
and 1-A is PUMPED.

December 1st

As I walked into class, I heard the faint chatter filling the room, just like every morning. But this time it was more cheerful! It's not like I am a stranger as to why. Everyone knows! Christmas is around the corner! Today marks the first day of December. My favorite month of the year. I usually spend it with my family but since we have dorms now at UA, we are also all celebrating together as a class! As I walked to my seat, the aura in the room was light and happy. That was until Bakugou walked in and slumped into his seat. "Woah, dude, you okay? You seem more pissed than usual-". He cut me off, "I'm fine shitty hair." He seemed mad, I mean... more than usual. "You seem upset, are you sure nothing's wrong?" I kept insisting. I wanted to know. "Yeah, I just fucking hate December," he finally admitted. Hate December? How could anyone hate December? "How come? Is it because of the weather?"

"Everything. The weather, the loud ass people on the street. All of the good fucking scenery is gone. Lines everywhere you go, random people telling you to have a Merry Christmas. First off, way to fucking assume I celebrate it. I mean, I do, but what if I don't? Christmas in general just pisses me off, I fucking hate it-"

"WOAH WOAH WOAH" it was my turn to cut him off. "You hate Christmas? Why?"

"None of your fucking business, shitty hair." He responded. I decided to drop it... for now. Soon, Mr. Aizawa came in and started telling everyone to sit in their seats. But the entire day I couldn't think straight. How could he hate Christmas? Why was he so against it? Why won't he tell me? Sure, Katsuki Bakugou is not an open person, but this worries me. I need to figure out why he is such a... a... Grinch! Yeah! A Grinch.

By the time we were able to head back to our dorms. I had come up with a plan. "Hey Bakugou!" I yelled flailing my arms in the air as I ran towards him. He turned around and rolled his eyes. "Stop being so damn loud. What do you want?" I laughed, "Sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted to go into town? I have to get a few things and was wondering if you wanted to come with?" He gave me his mischievous smirk before saying "What, like a date?". My face went red as I realized what he said. Sure, I really liked the blonde... a lot. But a date never crossed my mind. "Tch, whatever, yeah I'll come with. Just let me drop off my stuff at the dorms and change." He started to walk away again as I ran to catch up to him.

I went into my dorm room and started to think. I pulled out a pair of ripped jeans, a shirt, and a hoodie that my mom gave me for my birthday. It's oversized (she remembered my favorite size) and it's red with the Crimson Riot logo on the front. This hoodie is one of my favorite things to wear, I have it on almost everyday. Whenever I enter the common room with it on, Mina gives me smirks, Bakugou goes a bit pink, and Kaminari teases him about it. I don't know why Bakugou turns pink, but whatever, it's probably another thing I won't get out of him.

I met up with Bakugou by the front door. His outfit was casual yet nice. A white t-shirt with a black overshirt and jeans. He looks so good and doesn't have to try, wtf. The air was as cold as before. The cheery mood was still around in the town. "So why are we even here, shitty hair?," shit. The dreaded question. I didn't specifically have an excuse in mind, but I wanted to just go into town with Bakugou. "I-uh..." I responded. "Christmas... presents...," was all I could think up on the spot. "Ye-Yeah! Christmas presents for the class and my family. I was hoping you could help me pick them out! Or... at least a few." I glance over, expecting him to yell or just start walking back to UA. But instead he just said 'sure, why not'.

We went to a nearby mall that had multiple stores. My list of people for today were:

Todoroki
Midoriya
Mina
Sero
Kaminari
Mom
Dad
My little brother Yuma
My older brother Rin
Jirou

This trip could also help me figure out what to get the blonde. I'll observe what he lingers on, what he quickly walks from and make up my mind along the way.

First we walk into Hot Topic. Here I could cross off a BUNCH of people. Sero, Kaminari, Rin, Yuma, Mina, Jirou, Todoroki and Midoriya! I had been working all last month at a part time job so I could save up for this. In here I ended up getting:

Sero: Spider-man socks and a matching t-shirt.
Kaminari: A Pikachu bag.
Rin: A Nirvana t-shirt.
Yuma: Koro-Sensei beanie.
Mina: Alien hat.
Jirou: My Chem t-shirt.
Todoroki: All Might pin and a pair of Yuri!! On Ice sweatpants.
Midoriya: Matching Yuri!! On Ice sweatpants and an All Might beanie. (Also, a new notebook because it was 99 yen.)

I saw Bakugou's eyes linger on a few things and came to a conclusion. He likes Paramore, My Chem, and funny ass t-shirts even though he won't show it outright. But his eyes also lingered by the shark plushes and Crimson Riot stuff. I don't know why, maybe it's a coincidence? Maybe he likes that stuff too? Who knows, I won't pry. Next I went to Gap. Here, I got things for Mom, and Dad. Still keeping an eye on Bakugou's interests. He seemed to hate it here so I can cross it off the list. I ended up getting my mom a really comfy sweater in her favorite color, I have always called it 'Strawberry Milk Pink' but I don't know the real name, I guess 'Pastel Pink'?. Lastly, I had trouble finding something for my dad. He was a very tough man to shop for. "You need help? What's you dad into?" Bakugou asked. This was... new? But I want to try and trust his judgement. "Uhm... I guess he's kind of the softer type? Like into art and funny jokes?" He roles his eyes and drags me to the cashier. I pay for the sweater, still confused. He then drags me back to Hot Topic and pulls out a hoodie I saw him look at a bit. It was black with the Mona Lisa on it, except this one has on one of those plastic glasses with the fake mustache attached. I laughed, "Wow! I completely missed this! Thanks!". "Tch, yeah, no big deal. Now come on I want to eat," was all he said.

I payed again and we walked over to the food court. We both got some pizza and sat down at a metal table in the corner of the hall. "So, anything in there interest you?" I asked. "Is this your way of finding out what to get me, shitty hair?" he asked. Shit! Was it that obvious? He chuckled a bit. "Yeah, a few things. But you don't have to buy me anything it's fine." I gave him a fake pout. "But I wanna," I said, pretending to wipe away a tear. "No. Seriously, being around you is enough-" he paused and his eyes widened. Both of our faces went red. "I- uh... thanks..." was all I could manage to say.

"Yeah... no problem..."

There was awkward silence for a bit before it went back to normal again. We knew what had just happened, but we shoved it to the back of our minds. The rest of the night went by smoothly and we walked back to UA. The night was a bit colder then before, but not by much. We waved our goodbyes as we walked to the dorms.

Phase 1 of 25: complete.

Hey Hey! It's the author! Just want to say thanks for reading! This will be a 25 part story that will end on Christmas! If you missed it in the description, the story is inspired by chippakeet

Their story is titled 'You Are My Stars'! I definitely recommend!

Hope you enjoy, see you in the next chapter and don't forget to be Plus Ultra!