A Christmas Dinner With His Family | Todoroki

His family makes me feel like
family happiness is possible

December 23rd

"SHOTOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I heard a crash at my dorm room door. When I opened it, I saw Izuku on the floor rubbing his head. "Are you okay??" I asked, reaching out my arm so he could grab it. "Yeah!! Thanks ahah," He grabbed on and I pulled him up. "No wonder you tripped you were wearing socks while running down a hallway."

He laughed, "You know me so well," I gave him a kiss on his forehead. "Of course I do, now, what's up?" He entered my room, "Well! My mother invited me over for a family Christmas dinner tonight anddddd.... wanted to see if you could tag along!!!" My eyes widened as the words left his mouth. "Sh...she thinks of me as family?" Izuku tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "Of course she does you dummy! My mother loves you!"

He quickly kissed me, "I have to go get ready!! But we'll meet up at 4? It's 3:00 now so that gives us an hour. I still have to get ready like shower and stuff because I haven't visited in a bit so I want to look nice and-" "Babe, you're mumbling again." His face went red from the nickname, "Oops ahah sorry!! I'll see you later! Bye Sho!!"

"Bye Babe,"

I could tell his face was extremely red as he walked away, which made me chuckle to myself a bit. They think of me as family? I'm sure you guys already know the story of my father Endeavor and how horrible he is, but it also made our family a living hell. Knowing that there is a family who thinks of me as a part of it... is special to me.

Soon, I walked into the showers to see Izuku at the sinks. It looks like he had just finished his shower, "Oh, I was going to ask if you wanted to join me in my shower. But, looks like you already took one," I teased. "SH-SHOTO YOU CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE THAT!!" The red returned to his face as I laughed, "I'm joking Izuku, I promise." I walked into mine and I heard the door close, meaning he left.

I honestly don't deserve someone like Izuku Midoriya. A brave human being who loves a broken person like me. It makes me wonder why sometimes...

FLASHBACK

My mind was racing and tears filled my eyes, my first panic attack in years. It was strong and it hit me like a truck, "Shoto?" I heard on the other side of my door. I didn't even get a chance to answer before Izuku opened it and ran over to me. "OH MY ALL MIGHT, SHOTO WHAT'S WRONG!?" I sniffed and without saying anything back, I grabbed onto him and sobbed into his neck. "I'm-I'm s-s-so s-s-s-sorry Izuku..."

I told him my insecurities, but I didn't get a reaction I expected. Instead, he started to laugh. "SORRY SHOTO- I- PFFT- I DON'T MEAN TO LAUGH TO BE RUDE I- AHAHA- I JUST- YOU'RE INSECURE ABOUT LOSING ME!?" I was confused "W-what do you mean?"

"Sho! Why ME? Out of anything, it should be the opposite! You are amazing and caring and sweet and awesome! WHO FUCKING CARES IF YOU'RE BROKEN!?" I was suprised at his use of the word fuck. I thought he was too pure for that.

FLASHBACK END

Since that day we've been working on my self image, and he's been making sure I know I'm loved with the smallest gestures. Even if they're small, they mean a lot to me. I love him a lot. After finishing my shower, I went back upstairs and got dressed. When I looked in the mirror, my head started spinninng with questions again. Do I look good enough? Will I be okay? Is it going to turn out w-.

I heard a faint knock on my door, when I opened it, I saw Izuku on the other side. He wasn't too dressy but he wore a nice outfit. "You look beautiful Izuku Midoriya," I kissed him. "You look handsome as well Shoto Todoroki," he murmured through the kiss. "Ready to go?" I nodded and took his hand as we walked towards the exit. We arrived around 10 minutes later, Izuku fumbled with his keys and opened it after a few seconds. "Mom?? I'm here with Shoto!"

Ms. Midoriya walked downstairs, she was a lot like Izuku, I could definitely see the resemblance when I first met her. "Izuku!! I'm so glad you and Shoto could make it!" She gave Izuku a hug before turning her attention to me, "Hello Shoto dear, how are you?" She gave me a hug as well, it was warm and very mother-like. "I am well Ms. Midoriya, and you?" She laughed "Oh, you're so sweet! You can just call me Inko, and I am fine thank you for asking!"

All Might came into the room, "Hello boys." He gave Midoriya a hug as well and also one for me. Apprently Inko and All Might had started dating a few months ago, so it was very suprising when I 'met Izuku's parents' and saw All Might there. We all starting talking as we sat down to eat. "This looks amazing Inko, thank you so much," I said. I was seated next to Izuku across from Inko and All Might. "Oh thank you Shoto! I'm glad you enjoy it!"

We all started talking about anything and everything, including our relationship, school, heroing, their relationship, old embarrassing memories for Izuku. It was funny hearing his mom talk about his past while Izu sat there red in the face and embarrassed beyond compression. I softly smiled and looked down at the table.

"Something wrong Shoto?" Izuku asked. I snapped out of my thoughts, "Hm? Oh yeah! Everythings fine, sorry. I was just thinking on how to thank you guys.." They all looked at each other with a mix of confusion and shock. "Thank us for what Young Todoroki?" All Might asked. I sighed, "Well, I know this is going to sound cheesy and all... but I was very excited when Izuku told me you invited me. I have never celebrated Christmas with a family before or even at all. So to know that you are at least comfortable with me enough to invite me to these... makes me happy. So... thank you..."

I look back up, both Midoriya's had tears in their eyes. "I'm- I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to-"

"Shoto.."

I looked over at Inko, the tears still stained her eyes. "If I'm being honest here, when I first heard my son took a liking to you... I was nervous. I had seen the festival and sadly known your father... but when I met you for the first time... I knew you were perfect for him and would stay by his side no matter what. Of course we think of you as family, you mean so much to us."

Hearing those words made me so happy, to find a family not built on power or success...

but love and cherishment.

Phase 23 out of 25: complete.

(Hey everyone! I can't believe there are only two chapters left! Crazzyyyy!! If you want to see more of my writing after this is over, feel free to check out my page! I will be starting new stories soon and picking up on my already started one "Specialty in Lies"! I love you all, thank you sm for the support on all of my chapters! See you tomorrow!"