chapter six- The Duel That Almost Happened

YOUR POV:

My fellow Gryffindors and the Ravenclaws all climbed a flight of stairs.

"Gryffindor's follow me, please. Quickly, thank you." Percy the prefect exclaimed with a stern tone in his voice. I noticed Hermione, Harry, Ron and I were falling behind, so I nudged them to start walking faster.

"Ravenclaw's, follow me. This way!" The Ravenclaw prefect announced, pointing to the direction their dorm is. All the first year Ravenclaw's obeyed and followed.

We came to the end of the stairs, standing next to a railing, and there an infinity amount of stairs leading up the castle. A few stair cases were moving! I looked over to my friends and all of their mouths were wide open.

"Keep an eye on the stairs, they like to move." Percy informed. "Now, follow me, quickly please, come on."

He started walking up another flight of stairs, I couldn't stop staring at the beauty of the Hogwarts, Hermione had to pull my arm. We climbed a few steps until we noticed there were moving paintings. I wasn't too shocked since we had some at home. All the paintings were waving and welcoming us to our new home.

"Hey," Ron said whispering to me, "think that one fancies you." He finishes, pointing at a painting with a young male in a black suit standing like a solider. I rolled my eyes and scoffed, while the red haired boy started snickering.

----------

We walked through a long corridor leading to a extensive, gold painting with a lady with a pink dress with, what looks like, long dark brown braids on the side of her head.

"Password?" The lady asked.

"Caput Draconis." Percy replied, and with that the lady gestured her hand behind her, which made the painting she was in open. Percy marched through the doorway that suddenly appeared from behind the painting. Us first years mimicked his actions and went inside. The huge room was filled with happiness, magic and warmth. There were red couches and chairs, red wallpaper, a long beautiful chandelier and the whole common room had a cozy feeling.

"Gather around, right. Welcome to the Gryffindor common room." Percy welcomed us.

"Boys dormitories upstairs and down to the left, girls the same on your right. You'll find all your belongings have already been brought up, you can head up there. Have a good night first years, and welcome to your new home." Percy finished. Hermione and I looked at each other with excitement filled in our eyes.

Ron and Harry said goodnight and headed to the boys dorms while Hermione and I headed to the girls dormitories.

There were multiple twin side beds and trunks for each bed, and chairs next to each bed. The moonlight shines through the vast windows. The bushy-haired girl rubbed her eyes and yawned. I searched through my trunk and got my pajamas and went to the bathroom where I can change. When I came back, the Patil twins and Lavender Brown were already sound asleep in their beds. Hermione already had her pajamas on and was crawling in her bed.

"I'm going to bed, you should too. First day of classes start tomorrow." Hermione whispered to me from her bed. I crawling inside the warm covers and laid on the surprisingly comfortable mattress. I waited for my eyes to feel heavy but I ended up stayed there for about 10 minutes staring at the dark ceiling. I couldn't sleep at all, I only thought about how delighted I was to be at Hogwarts.

----------

"Y/N! Y/N!" A familiar voice has been shaking me awake. I pulled my pillow over my head to ignore her calls.

"10 more minutes!" I groan.

"No, now! We have McGonagall's class first, we can't miss it! I'll meet you in the common room." Hermione exclaimed, tugging on the pillow I used to cover my head.

"Alright, alright I'm getting up." I grumbled, dragging myself out of bed to get ready. After I finished getting ready, I headed down to the common room where I saw Hermione, Ron and Harry.

"Good morning, guys." I said. Hermione, Harry, and Ron turned from the fire to face me.   

"Good morning, Y/N." They all said back in unison with warm smiles. Hermione was standing next to the door way waiting impatiently. Ron was sitting on the couch clutching his growling stomach, and Harry was sitting next to Ron yawning. We started heading out of the common room go to the Great Hall.

"Well well well. Look what we have here; the Gryffin-dorks." Snickered Draco. His 'body guards' of morons behind him; Crabbe, Goyle and Pug-face. They stood right in front of us blocking our way, all of them with their arms crossed and a sneer on their annoying faces.

"Get out of our way. Now." I replied in a serious tone and a surprisingly cold voice, that I noticed I only have when I see Draco and his friends. The male Slytherin's chuckled while Parkinson cackled like the witch she is.

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it, L/N?" Malfoy strutted towards me, looking me up and down. I looked at him dead in the eye.

"Stay around and you'll find out soon enough, Malfoy." I snapped back, Hermione, Ron and Harry started snickering amongst themselves behind me.

"What will I find out? That you and your mum can't except the fact that your pig of a father is dead? Oh wait, I already knew that." Malfoy insulted. I started to feel my blood boil and my hand clenching into a fist.

"Malfoy, if you don't shut the hell up I will knock your teeth out." I warned, my muscles tense.

"How dare you talk to me like that, you blood traitor!" Draco bellowed, pushing me to the cold hard floor. I fell with a grunt but I regained my balance and stood on my feet. Hermione and Ron rushed to my side, helping me to my feet. Draco eyes soothed once he noticed what he's done. Before I could react, Harry stepped in front of me.

"Don't you dare touch her." Harry warned, pointing his wand towards Malfoy. Draco raised his own wand, along with Crabbe, Goyle and Pugface. Before they could say anything back, professor McGonagall came to the corridor where we were about to have a duel.

"May I ask what is going on?" McGonagall asked with curiosity but the same seriousness in her eyes. We all looked down at the ground, defeated. There was a silence, until Hermione spoke up.

"Nothing professor, nothing at all." Hermione lied, glancing at Professor McGonagall.

"Well, what are you all doing here?" McGonagall asked, gesturing her hand to the Great Hall. Hermione and Ron rambled inside the Great Hall, while Harry and I hesitated. I eyed the Slytherin's before leaving, Harry did the same.

"This isn't over." I whispered to the Slytherin group. Malfoy glanced at me with sorrow in his eyes but looked away quickly when our eyes locked on each other for a split second.