chapter thirteen- The Mirror

HARRY'S POV:

"Harry, we can use it to go to the library!" Y/N whispered. The common room was dark, it was only lit by the fireplace, and we were the only ones in the room, waiting for night to fall. Everyone was asleep by now, bundled up in their warm blankets while Y/N and I were freezing in our sweaters. Y/N slumped on a comfortable couch and I sat next to her.

"I don't want you to get in trouble." I muttered back, fiddling with my sleeves. I slowly brought my eyes to meet her beautiful (e/c) eyes, glistening from the reflection of the fire. Her eye-sight was soft and her smile was faint.

"Do you see who I'm friends with, Potter?" Y/N said, sightly chuckling. I checked the clock, anxious for when we will go.

"It's time."

I grabbed Y/N wrist, the cloak, and I pulled her out of the common room. We stumbled out of the portrait, Y/N grabbed the cloak out of my arms and threw it over us. I felt her shuffle closer to me, there was barley any space under here.  

We walked through many corridors until we finally reached the library.

"You have the lantern right?" I asked Y/N, opening the door as steadily as I could. She nodded and slowly held out the lantern, half her arm out of the cloak. We walked a few steps until I noticed the restricted section.

"There!" I whispered, pointing to the sign and unlocked the gate.

"Okay, now we have to look for the F's." Y/N stated, glancing around. She held the lantern high and the books titles were starting with F's.

"Famous Fire-Eaters... Fifteenths-Century Fiends...Flamel, Nicolas Flamel, where are you?" I mumbled, glancing to every book.

"I think we're safe." Y/N said, she tugged the cloak off of us and looked behind us. Y/N set the lantern down on a nearby table, walked a few inches away from me and started seeking for information like Hermione had said. I started looking for books myself, I picked a black book that was a bit heavy. I unfolded the book and started reading until a face appeared in the pages! The face was screaming and moving everywhere.

"Harry!" Y/N jumped.

I quickly closed the book and put it back.

"Who's there?"

Y/N and I whipped our heads and I snatched the cloak, not noticing the lantern was still on the cloak. I heard the lantern shatter when it made contact with the floor.

"I know you're in there. You can't hide." Filch's rusty voice hissed. We watched as the light from Filch's direction creep closer to us by the second.

Y/N aggressively pointed to the cloak in my hands. I tossed it over us and walked in another aisle, sneaking around Filch's path.

"Who's there? Show yourself." Filch exclaimed, the lantern near his face. Filch was so close, we can almost hear his heartbeat. Filch's heartbeat was nothing compared to Y/N's breathing, her breathing was so hard, I had to place my hand over her mouth. Once Filch walked away, I slowly removed my hand over her mouth and we started sneaking out of the library.

Y/N opened the door, she stopped dead in her tracks because Mrs. Norris was standing before us, meowing. It looked like if the bloody cat can see us beneath the cloak.

"This way!" Y/N said, pointing to another corridor. Professor Snape along with Professor Quirrell appeared.

"I- I-" Professor Quirrell stuttered, poor Professor was being forced to talk by Snape pinning him to a wall.