chapter eight- Our New Celebrities

YOUR POV:

Once Hermione, Ron, Harry and I left Transfiguration class to go to Potions, there were whispers and stares followed us.

I never noticed Hogwarts beauty; the stairs were lengthy and vast, the paintings were graceful and elegant. The windows were ancient and glowing with happiness and magic. The air was soothing and gentle, smelled like anything you want it to smell like. It felt like heaven, it felt like home.

A ghost passed by, but he wasn't like the others, I learned that his name was called Peeves. I heard all lot of things about him, but they were not all great things. My mother told me stories about how he likes to pull pranks and it's better if I keep a distance.

"GOT YOUR CONK!" Peeves screeched, sneaking up behind a Hufflepuff and grabbing her nose. I watched him do all sorts of things like pulling rugs from under student's feet and drop trash bin's on their heads.

----------

We walked down to the dungeons where potions took place. It felt colder and darker then the center of Hogwarts is. As we entered the class, there were animal parts floating in jars, cauldrons with white fog, shelves filled with dust and the air was murky and gloomy.

Hermione, Ron, Harry and I sat huddled together. Hermione on my left, Harry on my right and Ron on Hermione's left. There was low talking about everything; Hogwarts, what classes we will take, quidditch, the house cup and more. Hermione, Ron, Harry and I were talking about how will Snape treat us. As if on cue, Professor Snape busted through the door, and all of our heads whipped to the back of the classroom.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly indications in this class as such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and the exact art that is potion making, however, for those select few who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame brew glory and even put a stopper in death." My eyes widen at this new information I just received.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!" Snape scowled, with the cold voice I expected him to have.

I looked to my right and saw that Harry was writing notes down. I nudged my elbow on his elbow and motioned my head to Snape's direction. He looked up to the greasy-haired professor and set his quill down. Snape came marching slowly to our table, but thankfully leaned against a nearby pillar.

"Mr. Potter, Ms. L/N. Our new celebrities." I heard Ron gulp and look in our direction.

"Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" My face fell in confusion, I remember reading about it but I don't do very well being called out on the spot. Hermione shot her hand up, Harry simply shook his head.

"You two don't know?" Snape asked, leaning against a pillar. "Well lets try again, where would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape quizzed Harry again. I let Hermione have it because she shot her hand up in the air once more. Harry glanced at Hermione in confusion.

"Err, I don't know sir." Harry replied, defeated.

"Me either." I muttered, Ron gave us a sympathetic look.  

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfs bane?" Snape challenged. This was pretty easy, if you've done your research, of course. Even though I knew the answer, I didn't want to look like a know-it-all.

"I don't know sir." Harry repeated, looking down. Hermione looked at Harry and I.

I shrugged, acting clueless.