chapter ten- Karma's a Git

YOUR POV:

"One of wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation or the ability to make objects fly or ability to make objects fly." Professor Flitwick announced, we were finally in charms class. Hermione and Ron were partnered up (and I'm pretty sure they didn't want to be) and they were on my left. Harry and Seamus were to my right, and I was partnered up with Neville.

"Do you all have your feathers?" Flitwick asks, Hermione held the white feather up, wiggling in the air for a bit and placed it back down.

"Now, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing. The swish and flick. Everyone?"

"Swish and flick!" Everyone echoed.

"Enunciate; Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go, then." Professor Flitwick stated. In the corner of my eye, I saw Neville looking at me. I glanced at him and gave him a reassuring smile. Just as I was about to give it a go, Hermione and Ron started arguing again.

"No. Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out!" Hermione said, she's not wrong. Ron's wand was extremely close to my eye. "Beside's you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosa. Remember to make the "gar" in "wingardium" nice and long." Hermione lectured.

"You do it then, since you're so clever. Go on, go on!" Ron insisted. Hermione raised her wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

The feather started levitating off the table, which made everyone quiet and stare in awe. It floated at least 4 feet. I was impressed.

"Well done! See here, everyone, Miss Granger's done it!"

Ron wrinkled his nose, pierced his lips and rested his head on the stack of books in front of him.

"Wingardium Leviosa. Wingardium Leviosa. Wingar-" Seamus tried to cast the charm, until there was an explosion. Black soot erupted to Seamus' face, his hair pointing in every direction. The smoke rose from the explosion and into his face. I felt soot on the right of my face, Harry had soot on the left of his face.

"I think we need another feather over here, Professor."

You think?

----------

"'It's Leviosa, not Leviosa! She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder why she hasn't got any friends!" Ron insulted. Seamus, Dean and Harry started snickering while I stayed quiet. Hermione pushed Ron's shoulder, showing him that she was listening the whole time.

"Great going, Ron!" I yelled, smacking Ron's shoulder with the back of my hand. "The one friendship I've always dreamed of is now gone." I chased after Hermione, trying to catch up with her.

"Hermione!" I yelled, she ignored me and kept on walking.

"Hermione, wait!" I called out, she started running, and wow, she is very fast.

"Go away." She sniffled, we were already inside the castle. She ran in a bathroom that I've never have went into before. The stalls were leafy-green and scratchy, the sinks were pearl white and had tiny mirrors above them. Hermione ran straight into a stall and before I could follow her in, she closed the door of the stall in my face.

"Hermione, please-"

"Don't."

"If you can just listen, please 'Mione-"

"Go away!" She yelled through her tears.

"Alright." I sighed and left the unknown bathroom.

----------