chapter nine- The Three Headed Dog

HARRY'S POV:

We were all outside about to learn our flying lesson. We were lined up with brooms in front of us.

"Good afternoon class." Madam Hooch welcomed.

"Good afternoon, madam Hooch." Everyone else echoed.

Madam Hooch had bright, hawk-like, yellow eyes and gray, short spiky hair.

"Well what are you waiting for? Everyone step on the left side of their broomstick." Madam Hooch ordered, and we did what she said.

"Stick you right hand over the broom and say 'up'." Madam Hooch instructed.

"Up!" I yelled, the broom followed my orders and the broom jumped into my hand at once. I looked over to Hermione and she was having difficulty, the broom was rolling around on the ground. While Y/N had her broom in her hand as well. Malfoy had his broom in his hand too, with the annoying smirk he always uses. I rolled my eyes and looked over to Ron and his broomstick.

"Up!" Ron ordered, bit annoyed. The broom smacked him right in the face. I chuckled, followed by Y/N and her stifled laughter.

"Shut up, you too." Ron rubbing his nose with a playful smile.

"Now, once you have a hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." We did as we were told and mounted the broom. Y/N hesitated, so did a few other students.

"On the blow of my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, and lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle. Three...two.." She blew her whistle and Neville started hovering.

"Neville, not yet!" Y/N called. Neville started hovering higher now.

"M-M-Mr Lon- Mr. Longbottom!" Madam Hooch shouted. My friends and I called his name, trying to get him to come back on the ground. He uncontrollably started flying around. He twisted and turned through the air. Neville was coming right at out direction!

Madam Hooch got her wand out to cast a spell, but it was too late for that. We had to run out of the way. Y/N froze, her face went pale. Just like the sorting ceremony; a deer in the headlights.

"Y/N!" I yelled, I grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the way. Just in time. I tripped on a rock that was behind me right under my foot, when I pulled her, and we both fell on the ground, it awkward part was that she fell on top of me.

"Uhh, sorry, and thanks." She said, scrambling on her feet and brushing the dirt off her robes.

"Not a problem." I replied with an awkward smile. We ran with the rest of the group, where they were following Neville. His robes were hanging on a spear of a statue. Ron, Hermione, Y/N and I all gathered with the crowd, watching as Neville was about to fall.

His robes were tearing, but thankfully, a big torch hanging from a wall of Hogwarts caught his robes. He fell from his robes and fell on the ground with a grunt. I heard Hermione and Y/N wince.

"Everyone get out of the way!" Hooch yelled. She ran to Neville's side and grabbed his wrist, which made Neville flinch.

"Oh, it's a broken wrist. Tch tch tch." Hooch said, helping Neville up to his feet.

"Everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground, while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say 'Quidditch'." Hooch warned.

"You see his face?" Malfoy started, throwing Neville's ball up and down.

"Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he remember to fall on his fat arse!" Slytherins laughed while us Gryffindors stood quiet.