chapter fifteen- The Hooded Creature

A/N:Happy new year! Thank you so much for 100 reads, I appreciate every single one of you. Enjoy!

HARRY'S POV:

We did as she said, Professor McGonagall in front, Malfoy second, me third, Y/N fourth, Ron fifth and Hermione last. We went into a empty classroom and McGonagall stood behind a desk while Malfoy was about 6 feet away from Hermione, Ron, Y/N and I.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken." McGonagall said. FIFTY?

"Fifty?!" I exclaimed.

"Each."

"WHAT?!" Y/N yelled. Hermione smacked her shoulder and giving her a 'Don't make it worse.' face. In the corner of my eye I see Malfoy smiling and holding back a laugh.

"And to insure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention." She said all five, didn't she?

"Excuse me, Professor," Malfoy said, stepping up. "Perhaps I heard you wrong, I thought you said the five of us."

"No you heard me correctly Mr. Malfoy. You see, honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours." I felt a smile creep on my face.

"You will join your classmates in detention." Hermione, Ron, Y/N and I were all smiling mischievously now while Malfoy frowned.

"Look who's smirking now." Y/N muttered.

----------

It was pitch black outside, the only light was coming from inside the castle and a lantern Filch was holding.

"A pity they let the old punishments go away. In detention you would find yourself hanging from your thumb in the dungeons. God, I'll miss the screaming." Filch said. Our faces were filled with pure horror now. We arrived to Hagrid's hut.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight." Filch informed us. Oh good, Hagrid's is our friend, it cant be that bad can it?

"He's got a little job to do. Inside the Dark Forest."

"A sorry lot this, Hagrid." Filch said, Hagrid was sniffling and tears were spilling. "Oh god man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon are you?"

"Norbert's gone." Hagrid sniffled.

"What?" Y/N whispered, her hand on her mouth.

"Dumbledore sent him off ter Romania. Tee live in the colony."

"Well that's good, isn't it?" Hermione asked. "He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he don' like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean ter him?" Hagrid questioned. "He's only a baby after all."

"Oh for god's sake pull yourself together man. You're going into the Dark Forest after all." Filch muttered something else but we couldn't catch it.

"The Dark Forest?" Malfoy asked. "I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there! Students aren't allowed. And there are.." A howl interrupted him. "..Werewolves!"

"Ah, there's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch said, with a creepy tone. "Nighty night." He said, leaving us with Hagrid.

"Right. Let's go." Hagrid said, leading us into the Dark Forest. The trees were thin and tall. it was so tall that you can't see where they end. The fog was thick, and the wind was crisp and chilly. Fang followed us closely, mostly closer to Y/N. There was one tree that had twigs and branches were pointing in every direction. Hagrid bent down to a puddle of silver substance. He dipped two fingers in it and mushed it around.