𝐢.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴀsᴛᴇʀɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ᴇᴘɪʀᴜsʀʏᴠᴇɴɴᴅᴇʟ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀs

ʀʏᴠᴇɴɴᴅᴇʟ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ, ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴄʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀs

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐈𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐗𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚
━━━━━━━━━━━

PRINCESS VERA'S BEAUTY was unearthly, her stature undoubtedly promised a perfect rule over Epirus.

With hair like beaten gold and her signature beguiling grey eyes that uniquely belonged to the royal family, the uncommon annoyance displayed in the fine lines on her forehead made me raise an eyebrow.

"Is something bothering you, your highness?" I questioned while pulling my silver hair into a high ponytail in preparation for later's training.

"More like someone. And you know you can just call me Vera, I'm not going to be 'your highness' until next month."

Princess Vera and I were somewhat close friends, even though I was pretty sure that that was not allowed in this present monarchy. I owed her my life and my loyalty. She had found me sprawled across the forest floor ten years ago, taken me in, and treated me as her own sister.

The strangest part was that I had no memory of anything before that night.

"I'm getting married." Vera blurted out.

Straightening my back, I practically gawked at her. Before I had the chance to comment, she nervously picked at one of the many cream lilies entangled in her hair. "It's an arranged marriage with the prince of the north. I'm meeting him tomorrow at my birthday ball."

The Epirus princess was turning twenty-one tomorrow, making her two years older than me.

"Well," I tightened my leather boots, "Are you okay with it?"

"It's not like I'm excited to sell my life away to some prince, especially without my consent. Sometimes, I really loathe Father and Mother." Her voice gradually lowered towards the end of her sentence, as if she didn't want me to catch what she had said.

It wasn't my place to tell Vera what to do. Hell, I had zero experience given the absence of a family.

Striding over to her bed where she sat in a state of melancholy, my hand rested on her shoulder, attempting to comfort the troubled princess.

"The prince of the north, you say." I drawled with a light smirk. A switch in topics should lighten up the mood in here.

There was a mountain of rumors about Nouxiton's dark prince. Frankly, I was curious to see the living adonis at the ball tomorrow night.