𝐱𝐱𝐱.

d a y5

d a y
5

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ɴᴏᴜxɪᴛᴏɴ
ᴛʏʀsᴇɴ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐃𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐚 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬 𝐙𝐲𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞
━━━━━━━━━━━

SOFT AND WARM in my arms was Ixchel Aesteria who was breathing against my neck in her sleep. A smile broke on my face as I looked at the angelic woman curled up next to me.

The sun was just about coming up, but I had been watching her sleeping form for a while now. Thoughts swarmed through my head. Thoughts about last night's exploits, how it was all real. Thoughts about tomorrow's war, how it might be out last time seeing each other. Forever.

Her intoxicating scent of petrichor and lavender drove me absolutely insane, so much so that I never wished to let her out of my arms. Our limbs were entangled, her leg drapped over mine while my arms were around her. My wings were tucked quietly behind me, not daring to make a single sound in fear that she would wake up.

Ixchel looked adorable. Her nose would scrunch up randomly while the corner of her lips lifted once in a while. I wondered what dream she was having. Propping myself up on a pillow, I tucked a fallen strand of her pale hair away from her pale face.

She can't leave me, she won't. I wouldn't allow it. Four times I had failed her, let her slip through the cracks of life. But this time, I'll make sure that she comes out of this battle alive, with or without me. Last night was perfect, beyond my wildest fantasies. And I didn't plan on it being the last time she slept soundly by my side.

Suddenly stirring awake, Ixchel's eyelashes fluttered to greet the morning sunligh streaming through the curtains. Her purple eyes were the lightest shade I had ever seen, youthful and rejuvenated. Those orbs blinked up at me and I chuckled at how her cheeks turned pink.

"Slept well?" My voice was hoarse and was deeper than usual, a usual thing that happened every morning.

"Very." Heavens, the way she was looking at me made me want to take her and claim her all over again. Goosebumps rose along her arm as I trailed my fingers up and down the porcelain skin. The effect I had on her only made this ten times more fun.

"It only means that I didn't tire you enough." I teased, making her gasp before she flicked my nose playfully.

We watched the sun rise steadily through the small opening of the curtains. My hands were playing with her hair while she began to hum a melodious tune. The same tune she would hum to me every night when I was having trouble sleeping with all my royal duties.