𝐱𝐯𝐢.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇsᴛᴇʀɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ʏᴜɪᴋʜᴀ ᴛʀɪɴɪᴛʏ ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ

ᴛʀɪɴɪᴛʏ ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐈𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐗𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚
━━━━━━━━━━━

NOT A SINGLE sound came out of me.

I was paralysed in complete fear and horror. Ying Yue's face paled, a stream of blood dripping down the side of her mouth as the gaping hole in her chest seemed to increase in size.

Strangled cries bursted from my mouth and my feet dredged towards where she was, blood welling into my throat from the tongue I had bitten through in vain attempt to keep quiet. The ground slipped beneath my feet as my knees finally gave out.

The dark matter dissipated into dust, and the moment it happened, Ying Yue collapsed into my arms, her skin void of warmth. "Don't die please don't die on me..." I brought my palms on the hole where she had been impaled, murmuring a healing spell while purple glowed around the wound.

From the corner of my eye, the monster silently stood up, dark magic dancing around in his palms. Before I could react, it was thrown towards me in a powerful strike, making me shut my eyes to brace the impact.

It never came.

"Kai." I breathed out in relief. The phoenix had shifted back into its human form, a wall of angry flames forming infront of us as tendril after tendril of fire twirled around his wrists. Like giant serpents, the inferno rose to the sky, buying us some time to figure out a plan.

"We need to get out of here." Kai looked back at me, his back trembling a little. It must have taken a toll on his strength to harness that much power.

"And how do you suppose we do that? I'm pretty sure that beast isn't leaving until I'm dead." I scanned my surroundings for something, anything that could help us.

"Then we fight." He hissed.

I'm sorry. The purple glow faded from Ying Yue's stab. The faster we get out, the faster these people can be saved.

In an instant, Kai's wall of fire disappeared, the only trace of evidence that it was there was the billowing of smoke blurring the landscape. The two of us stood side by side, facing the shadowed figure who was advancing towards us. Now that he was close enough, I had trouble figuring out what the hell he actually was. His whole body was black and inky, nothing but iridescent lavender eyes.

"Remember me, Prince of the West?" The same voice that haunted my very dreams mocked evily.

I scrunched my nose up in confusion. "You know him?"