𝐱.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ᴏʀɪᴛʜʏɪᴀᴛʜʀᴏɴᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ

ᴛʜʀᴏɴᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐈𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐗𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚
━━━━━━━━━━━

THE OMINOUS ATMOSPHERE filled with the deafening silence was a concoction of my worst nightmare taking shape right before my very eyes. Debris scattered the place, and when I squinted hard, decayed bodies and skeletons were lying around, a reminder that this was once a kingdom occupied by its subjects that deserved to breathe long into the century, but was cut short by the sin of greed.

Damn you, Seraph.

I could only hope for my body to wake up back in the physical world so as to escape this wretched place. Haunted by the dead spirits, I shivered involuntarily as a chill ran down my spine. The eyes of the four statues seemed to be following my every movement.

It was easy to recognise that the two people situated at the background were King Isaiah and Queen Lyzaria. A baby was cradled in the arms of the queen, while a young boy who looked to be about seven or eight-years-old latched onto his father's leg. Pieces of the statues were chipped off, and I bent down to pick one of the fallen pieces up.

Inspecting it, I gingerly walked up the steps to stand face-to-face with Queen Lyzaria, finding out that the piece belonged to the baby's forehead. The vast expanse of my silver hair contrasted antithetically against the worn-out stone.

"Fuck," I cursed as my index finger accidentally scrapped against a sharp edge of the statue, causing drops of blood to drip down it and land on the floor.

Suddenly, a series of chants sounded around me. Magic glimmered resplendently, starting from my drop of blood, and spreading like wildfire in purple beams of foreign writings up the statues and around where they stood. It initially seemed to be just that; a blinding light, but as I looked closer, carvings all in a foreign tongue glowed iridescently on the stone, along with symbolic patterns that I had no knowledge of.

Like a dragon, smoke swirled dangerously around the statues and I was caged, no longer able to escape as the rushing tornado of chaos acted as a barrier. A villainous cackle echoed in the space before a blinding light shone through the cracks of stone from within.

I shielded myself and braced for an impact, but before anything could happen, a thick veil of shadows was summoned in an instant. Hands wrapped around my body and I could immediately tell who it was. The light gradually dissipated, leaving a ringing sound in my ears.

Glancing up, I met Dakota's hazy blue eyes that had darkened considerably to an obsidian black. "You're horrible, Ixchel. Do you find pleasure in endangering yourself when I'm gone?"