𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢.

━━━━━━━━━━━𝐈𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐗𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐈𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐗𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚
━━━━━━━━━━━

A BURST OF forthcoming emotions finally broke the dam of misery, flooding the gates to my heart's desire.

Dakota's eyes instantly softened with pleasantness, but I caught the fine glimpses of exhaustion resting in the depths of stormy blue. Am I still dreaming?

The corner of his lips lifted into a precarious smile as he stretched out both arms towards me, as if welcoming me to his embrace. Disregarding all composure I was taught to maintain, I launched into his hold and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Catching me, Dakota lifted me into the air before spinning me around, making me giggle as my dress flowed with the rhythm of the wind. All my bottled up emotions tipped over.

It had barely been a day, but I had no clue to as why it felt like we have been apart for years.

My face was buried into the crook of his neck, the sweet smell of woodsmoke and fir trees blanketing my senses. With his hands secured on my waist, I felt the comfortable warmth beneath the fabric of his clothes, security from the darkness shrouding over us.

"Is this a dream?" It took me by surprise that he was the one asking the question.

I pulled away slightly with a smile. "I was just going to ask the same thing."

"You're not hurt, are you?"

"Dakota, I'm fine, really." I reassured him, shaking my head in amusement at how the tip of his ears blossomed in red. "What's wrong?"

He cleared his throat, adverting eye-contact. "Nothing. It's just nice hearing you say my name."

A quiet chuckle helplessly escaped me while the northern prince mumbled incoherent words, looking rather embarrassed.

"Prince Kai from Yuikha offered me to stay at Valois palace." I told him before raising an eyebrow as Dakota frowned unhappily.

Clenching and unclenching his jaw that was set into a hard line, his expression turned stern and coldness crept into his demeanor. "You're staying with Prince Kai?"

"Yes?"

"I see." He turned to look off into the distance, pondering over something. I wished to share his troubled thoughts to remove that displeased look on his face.

The sudden silence caused me to shift uncomfortably in my spot.

"Is Princess Vera okay?"