𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ɴᴏᴜxɪᴛᴏɴ ᴛʏʀsᴇɴ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ

ᴛʏʀsᴇɴ ᴘᴀʟᴀᴄᴇ

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐈𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐗𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚
━━━━━━━━━━━

WELLED UP IN Seraph's pale eyes were hot tears. She kept half hiccuping and half sobbing, arms furiously rubbing against her face to wipe the tears. Kai was a mess of terror and worry, trying to comfort his crying sister by making calming sounds and patting her back.

Obviously, he had never seen his little sister this emotional before. I kneeled down to her level, combing my fingers through the knots of her hair while trying to figure out a way to calm her down. A nightmare about us?

"Seraph, do you think it's okay if you tell us what you saw?" I gently asked, treading on thin ice.

She looked up at me with big glassy eyes before nodding numbly. "It was the five of you and other men...a lot, like an army. I think you were all going to war. And- And there was this man with silver hair just like Ixchel's..."

I shifted uncomfortably in my spot.

"...he was leading another army of his own men, but they looked like m-monsters." She suddenly doubled over in another wave of tears. Atlas was a statue at the side, balancing his weight on one foot while alternating it every few seconds. Well, someone doesn't like children.

"There was a l-lot of blood...a lot of blood..." Her words had cut off as though she purposefully stopped them from flowing out.

"And?" Kai urged.

"And Ixchel...died."

But that wasn't all.

"So did Dakota...and I don't remember anything else other than that." Fear concealed her words.

"I died?" I repeated in a daze. From the poison or by the hands of my own brother whom I never knew of? I wanted to blurt out, but kept quiet instead.

"It was only a nightmare. It's not a hundred percent going to come true." Atlas brushed it off with unease, seeming like he was consoling himself rather than consoling us.

The end was near.

As we ate, no sounds drifted in the room, barring the tinkle of crockery and a bout of hushed thoughts. "Now that we know that Ixchel is the rightful heir to Orithyia's throne, how do you suppose we go about with this new found information?" Atlas inquired, slicing his knife through his food.