𝐱𝐱.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ᴏʀɪᴛʜʏɪᴀ

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐈𝐱𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐥 𝐗𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚
━━━━━━━━━━━

DAKOTA AND I untangled ourselves from each other hastily. My cheeks were flushed while he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment before slipping back his stoic mask. No doubt that our previous...position would have sent wrong signals to the three waiting for us.

"You two seem comfortable." Atlas tapped his foot on the ground, a mischievous glint in those turquoise eyes.

Kai and Vera's expression held something unreadable. There wasn't any resentment that I had expected from Vera, she had an eyebrow raised, it was evident that whatever the thoughts her and Kai were having were strictly kept between the two only.

"You guys found one another." I was quick to change topics which somehow worked for the southern prince.

Atlas hummed in response before looking off into the distance. "The maze is playing with our fears. Kai experienced it firsthand, right Kai?"

Glaring at him, Vera sent a hard punch to his shoulder, mouthing a jumble of words in an upset manner.

The five of us continued our journey out of this wretched maze; Dakota, Atlas and I at the front while Kai and Vera followed behind. None of us said anything, then again it was a relief since no snarky comments about what had happened two minutes ago were made.

I looked up to my left where Atlas was. Sandy blonde hair that was in beachy waves, freckles spread out across his nose and cheeks like seashells lining the shore, and vibrant baby blue eyes that seemed like they would never loose the light in them. I then turned to my right where Dakota was. A head of messy black hair which made it look like he had just rolled out of bed, an angular jaw as well as a high-bridge nose, and deep cyan eyes that threatened to drown anyone in their depths of stormy waters.

Walking between them, I looked like I was sandwiched between two giant fucking lampposts.

"It's okay, not everyone is tall." Dakota slyly remarked, giving me a smug look.

A scoff escaped me. "Please, I have heels longer than you wish you're dick was." At the corner of my eye, I saw Atlas grimace at my words.

"Is that so?" The dark haired god sent an amused look my way, clearly having fun with this conversation. "Allow me to prove you wrong."

"Am I seriously third wheeling right now?"

"Don't flatter yourself, your highness." I said in a leering voice, completely ignoring Atlas.