𝐱𝐢𝐢.

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏʀᴛʜᴇʀɴ ᴋɪɴɢᴅᴏᴍ, ɴᴏᴜxɪᴛᴏɴ ᴛᴏᴡɴ

ᴛᴏᴡɴ

━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐃𝐚𝐤𝐨𝐭𝐚 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬 𝐙𝐲𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞
━━━━━━━━━━━

"WAIT UP!" I made sure to keep my line of sight on the silver haired goddess so as not to loose her in the throngs of people. She seemed to be attracted to the musicians playing for a crowd near by.

The princess clapped her hands in excitement. Her doe-like eyes held raw joy as she pointed to the elderly painting potraits of people. "See, I told you that visiting town would be fun!"

Before I could protest, I had already found myself sitting on a bench beside Iva where the old man would paint his customers. "A painting for the lovely couple?" His raspy voice inquired, smiling kindly at the two of us.

"Yes please!"

I wouldn't admit it out loud, but I was glad Iva had taken me out of the castle grounds. A breath of fresh air was a nice change. We kept fidgeting, mainly because of my lame jokes thrown at Iva, and it was clear that the painter was highly amused by us.

Sneaking a glance at her, I smiled fondly before pecking her cheek, earning a playful glare from her. She stole my heart, and she didn't even realise it.

I stumbled slightly, confused by the scene that had played in my mind. When I recovered from my momentary daze, I found Ixchel conversing with another male whose auburn hair stood out amongst the crowd.

Prince Kai. My jaw tightened as he embraced Ixchel tightly. The sight of how acquainted he was with her stirred something foreign in me. Were they friends? More than friends, perhaps? I wouldn't know what to do with myself if Ixchel were to choose him over me.

Taking quick strides towards the pair, their heads turned in my direction. Maybe this was what she felt during Princess Vera's ball when she was getting drinks for us. I remembered vividly; the dejection carved in her delicate features.

"Prince Kai." I greeted politely while giving him a firm nod. My eyes followed his arm that was wrapped around Ixchel's waist. Fucking hell.

"Oh, I didn't know Dakota was with you. What are you doing here?" He seemed genuinely surprised, probably not expecting me, a royalty, to be in the midst of a village.

"I should be asking you that, Kai. If I recalled correctly, this is my kingdom." It came out harsher than I had anticipated, but I kept the emotional expression on my face.