Things Just Got Complicated!

And another chapter bites the dust! I don't really have much to say I guess, I just hope you enjoy this chapter, and I'll see you later!       

         Lucy’s heart was thumping in her chest, which did nothing for the uncomfortable butterflies that were fluttering around in her insides. She just wanted it to go away. In fact, she had wanted it to go away for about a day now, a day spent sitting in her apartment after her talk with Loke thinking about what she would say.

        Hey Natsu! Turns out I love you now hahah, sorry about that rejection and all. Wanna make out now by any chance?

        And Gray...Well, she would have to spend another day on that. At least. But she had to talk to Natsu, get her feelings out. Because those butterflies were getting pretty damn annoying. Yet, despite that, she was taking small, slow steps towards the guild, each of them making that uncomfortable ‘sting’ in her chest become worse. Even deep breaths didn’t help, and deep breaths are the answer to everything.

        The guild came closer and closer into view, making Lucy’s heart beat even faster, which she thought was impossible. But here it was, banging in her chest like no tomorrow. Eventually, she reached the guild, the tall, wooden doors looking somewhat intimidating. So she stood there, having a staring contest with the doors, thinking about how easy it would be to just go home and forget the past 4 days completely. But she forced her muscles towards the door, and she opened it. Her eyes wandered for a second, looking for pink hair that was most likely brawling with another member. Then she glanced over to the tables.

The sight made her freeze.

There was Natsu, his arm resting lazily on a girls shoulders, just like he always did with Lucy. A cute blush sprinkled the girls cheeks, the contrast between the paleness of her skin and hair to the pink making her seem even more beautiful than she already was. Natsu said something that made her giggle. His large grin had returned. And then the girl kissed him. 

        Lightning bolts shot through Lucy, millions of stabs went through her chest. She knew it all along though, she knew those two had been so close. She knew it would eventually happen. But Lucy had become an okay friend with this girl, and for some reason she felt betrayed.

Lissana.

        Lucy fought back the tears that threatened to spill, tried to swallow the lump in her throat. She turned towards the door, ready to leave. There was no way she was staying, no way she could stay. Lucy stopped fighting the tears, and she was about to dash to her apartment where she could cry all she wanted when someone called out to her.

“Lucy!”

        She stopped abruptly and forced the tears back again before turning around and giving the red-headed woman before her an award-winning smile. The smile she used to hide her feelings the best.

        “You just got here, didn’t you? Where are you going?” Erza said, looking down at Lucy with disapproval. Lucy gulped. She hadn’t been her for 3 days straight, and now she was leaving early? Lucy knew she had to play this out well or she was screwed. 

        “I just forgot something at my apartment,” Lucy said, widening her smile. 

        And that’s what ruined it.

        Erza’s disapproving features instantly softened before she firmly grabbed Lucy on the arm to drag her out of the guild. Lucy went limp, allowing Titania to pull her away from where those things were going on. Lucy was actually kind of thankful for Erza dragging her out like she did. Even though that meant Erza had to come along and Lucy wasn’t allowed any alone time, at least Lucy knew she would be able to make it out of the guild without collapsing from depression.